Age differences on Pride, Spirit & Legend

Sailer Girl

We have just completed three weeks on the Pride (Baltic and Fjords) and can say it was the most fun trip we have had (and wehave been on all three ships). The age was all over, but so were the others. We are not all that mature - if that means we still can be kids, laugh a lot, smile quite a bit - but we can hardly keep up with the "really" mature folks who tear up the dance floor each evening, are up before us, stay up later, and just generally have a grand time. There were 52% repeat guests on board according to Capt. Anderson. We simply enjoyed every moment of this voyage and the wonderful people we have encountered and of all ages. As for clickishness of any kind, we did not see that at all. People go out of their way to meet you and we have exchanged cards with many new friends from all over the world. We are in fact going on Monday to visit a couple from Australia who live a short train ride from us (we are in Italy at the moment), they have a daughter only a bit younger than I, and yet if they are what you mean by "mature", may we joyfully PLEASE be like them when we grow up! Go and see for yourself,you will love the Pride. Rene'

We have heard that the Pride tends to attract an older (or shall I say, more mature) clientele than Spirit & Legend, and that the Pride also attracts many of the repeat guests who tend to be clicky. Is there any truth to that rumor?

Sailer Girl...

I have seen age differences on the ships mostly due to the itinerary and length of the cruise, not just because of the ship, even though many of us still favor the Pride as it is the Mother ship of the triplets. For a long time, the Pride only had cruises of 14 days or longer, and many of the younger 'still working crowd' couldn't take the time away from work.

The Caribbean cruises that are shorter and leave from Florida sometimes attract an older crowd that can cruise roundtrip and not have to fly.

The South of France and other European cruises seem to attract a much younger group that tends to stay out later and dance more. I've heard that Russia and the Far East attract the older crowds.

I agree with Proper Lady. I am just 50, but have become good friends with so many of the "older" crowd in their 70's that often times stay up much later than I do and have such an incredible zest for life. I aspire to still be that active then.

I do wish that Seabourn would bring back the little mini 3 to 5 day cruises for those of us that need little quick 'cruise fixes' and can sneak away for short trips in between our longer cruises! Yes, it is addicting.

As others have mentioned, I do believe that time of the year, length of the cruise, and the itinerary has more of an impact on the age of passengers than anything else. And, this is true on most cruise lines.

I also have found that age is irrelevent. I have met folks who physically are many years older than other people yet are more phyically fit and have a much more positive attitude about life. I remember on our last Seabourn cruise we met a lovely couple who were in their early 80's. They would outlast just about everyone on the dance floor and their attitude and interest their fellow passengers was second to none.

Keith

Archived