What color hose and shoes with...

Marcys

OK....I'm changing my vote....LOVE the shoes you bought, and I think they would look fabulous with sheer black stockings!!

(...and I'm glad to see that this board has gotten away from the "no hose" opinion that usually is seen on these types of threads);)

It does look dressier....41E0CDBQR4L._AA280_.jpg

Thanks, bamacruisenqueen, that looks really nice. But, I can't tell, or those hose nude or very sheer black?

I just found these shoes in my closet, would these be appropriate for the dress, with hose? The heel is a bit thicker than I woul prefer.

671295453_shoes4.jpg.1d9ab88082e227ea7a25f9f04e835c5e.jpg

Thanks, bamacruisenqueen, that looks really nice. But, I can't tell, or those hose nude or very sheer black?

I just found these shoes in my closet, would these be appropriate for the dress, with hose? The heel is a bit thicker than I woul prefer.

I think those are very sheer black. Great look, especailly with slingbacks.

IMO , with formal and dressy looks, "older" legs (like mine) always look better with hose (well-chosen for sheerness) and "younger" legs often do.

Actually there are other ways to elongate the legg without wearing foot-punishing stilettos.

Wearing all-one color has a lengthening (and slimming) effect (thus supporting the ideasof Sheer black hose with Black dress and shoes). The proportions of the shoes can make as much visual difference as the height of the heels. For leg lengthening, go with delicate vs chunky.

Also, IMO, a really high heel actually emphasizes the "shortcomings";) of very petite ladies. A delicate moderate heel is better.

And, as I've said before, I don't think any woman looks her best if she is in pain.

Those shoes will look fine.

The above hose you asked about are sheer black.

I'd go for a sheer black hose and a closed toe black satin pump.

By going black and matching the bottom half of the dress, it will elongate you and make your legs look a mile long.

Since the QE2 is a much more formal trans Atlantic, I would not go bare legged.

Agree. I was told by my Girl Scout Leader when we put on a fashion show (I was 12; she was a former model) that the shoes should always match what is worn on the bottom half of your body. Contrasting clothes and shoes cut the lines of the outfit, and yes, make you look shorter.

By going black and matching the bottom half of the dress, it will elongate you and make your legs look a mile long.

ITA with this post above.

Trans-Atlantic cruises are far more formal and elegant than most cruises going around the Caribbean or Mexican Riveria...so I would certainly suggest wearing hose with heels. I think black hose would really be chic and make you look so much more sophisticated than going hose-less. Going hose-less would dress down your outfit. JMHO

I can't believe I'm saying this but I LOVE the opaque hose (tights) with the chunky open toe platforms!

Seriously eyeballing a pair of Bebe platforms to see if it works for me before I spend any money. Don't want to look like the fashion victim.

Chunky platforms are the only way forward with black opaque tights, nude ones with a more delicate shoe (as i described earlier). Do not go for sheer black - very aging (i'm sorry guys:rolleyes: ) and the dress is youthful. Also if you get the slightest run or nick in sheer black, it's very obvious :eek: Little black clutch bag in satin perhaps too....?

If i'm honest (again, sorry guys - it'sprobably a transatlantic difference :rolleyes: ) I can't really see why anyone wears those sheer black tights.... Maybe they'll make a comeback and i'll eat my words, but for now - not so much on the UK scene! Stick to heavy opaques or nude!

Here are excerpts from several fashion article; all about upcoming fashion trends.

Tightsplease Autumn/Winter Hosiery Trends for 2008/09

1- Sheer genius

From nowhere sheer black tights have emerged as a key trend for winter at Anna Sui, Oscar De La Renta, Chanel, Emma Cook, Lanvin and Giles. They have been appearing alongside the more predictable black opaques, which are here this season in a deliciously shiny, glossy style as shown at Alberta Ferretti and Amanda Wakeley.

2- Step into a world of color

Bright colors are also a key theme for legs this Autumn/Winter. Whether it's sheer colored tights at Ioannisdimitrousis and Richard Nicoll, or bold, bright opaque colors at Basso & Brooke, Eley Kishimoto, Pucci, John Galliano, Jasper Conran, Moschino, and Sonia Rykiel. There were also muted brights at Luella and Proenza Schouler - a pair of colored tights is this seasons must have wardrobe accessory.

3- Patterns to turn heads

There's a wide variety of patterned tights being shown on the catwalk this season, and the more outrageous the better. D&G showed us tartan tights, Anna Sui, Chanel, Emma Cook, Rodnik, Philosophy, Paul Smith and Emporio Armani introduced the trend for pattern, from little polka dots, to swirly patterns and leafy designs. Pretty embellishments like sequins were sewed on to knees and down calves at Betty Jackson and Bora Aksu. Whilst python print tights stood out at Jaeger London and leopard and flamingo prints

prevailed at Just Cavalli.

4- Add a splash of burgundy

Burgundy and maroon are the new charcoal grey. As shown this season at Bottega Veneta and Caroline Charles. Chocolate brown also makes a comeback at Ben de Lisi, Biba, D&G, Celine and Paul Costelloe. Grey isn't over, it's still with us in a paler more silvery shade at Celine, DKNY and Dolce and Gabanna.

5- Net yourself a new look

The Goth trends for lacy and fishnet tights are going to be huge this season. Fishnets have been off the fashion radar, but this year Rodarte, Baby Phat, D Squared and Emma Cook helped to mark their return to style.

TRENDS IN HOSIERY Fall 2008 hosiery gets influenced by the soft goth trends seen on the runway. You’ll see fishnet, lace patterns, colors in berry, sheer black and colored tights.

Two Hoisery Looks for 2008

Fashion 2008: The latest fashion-forward look for fall is to layer knee-high socks over your tights. This works well with chunky knit stockings or heavy denier opaques. It has that sexy-schoolgirl appeal, so work this trend if you dare!

This season is all about matching your hosiery with your outfits, rather than your shoes. This breaks all the fashion rules of “dressing,” but the idea is to create a sleeker, more fluid effect from your outfit down. Let your footwear make a statement on its own, rather than blending with your hosiery. Show off those sexy stockings through fashionable peep-toes.

However, trend or no trend, remember that if you want to make your legs look leaner, then it’s best to match them with similar color shoes. This particularly applies when wearing ankles straps or shoe-boots (booties), as these have a tendency to make legs and ankles look thicker.

Agree with you for sure!

What a great classy looking dress...IMO not wearing hose and some sort of heel (I vote slingback) would really cheapen the entire look. You want to look like you just walked out of Saks, not Kmart.

DING DING DING Right answer!!!!

I've been at a few fashion shows this week. ALL the dressy looks are with black hose.

I don't think that a closed pump is the only option. A sling back, or a D'Orsay cut (open sides) would be gorgeous too.

ninaf118829_23123_lg.jpg

I have this shoe by the same maker (Nina) and the style name is Camille.

I have not worn it with hose but I wonder if it would be acceptable to wear some very sheer black hose with it.

I think if you want the color of the shoes to show I'd go sheer nude or shimmery nude. And I am a fan of black hose but I love those shoes!

I just bought these shoes tonight. Do they go with the dress? with or without hose and what color.

They work wonderfully! Add very sheer black hose like post number 27 by Bama and you'll be set for Fall (most likely chilly crossing from NYC to Southhampton or reverse) and still look terrifically sexy. Opaque tights (hose) would clash with the dress's light material IMHO. Those kitten heels would also work. I love the rusching. Where did youu find those?

Exactly!! However I would choose a sheer Nightshade colour as opposed to black. Lovely dress and looks like a dream to pack!

Archived