Punta Arenas - Tour Recommendations??

campanet

I have taken the tour of the Penguins at Otway Bay. It was fabulous and I highly recommend it. The area is located about an hour from the cruise ship terminal and you will have wonderful views of the penguins. Take lots of pictures and if you have a video camera bring that with you as well.

Keith

We are doing the SA cruise in December. We signed up for the Magdalena Island Penguin Reserve vs. the Otway Bay. On the description of the Otway Bay it says that "a wooden partition with a special viewing spot separates the beach from the grassy areas and burrows". So how close can you get and how far away are the penguins. We want to get up really close so thats why we booked the Magdalena Island Penguin Reserve.

To: Keith1010

How close can you get to the penguins and is it so crowded that you have to wait your turn to get to the special viewing spot? Can you let me know because we may want to switch. Please advise. Thanks. :)

I am trying to decide between the two, but I am leaning toward the Magdelena Island.

Viewing them from special areas that are really close to the penguins sounds a lot like what I did in Dunedin, NZ last December. It was neat, but I want something different.

Archived