Valor - Question

nadalina

Though I have been for many years a devoted Celebrity fan, I was on the Carnival Liberty twice last year and I have to say that I was pleasantly surprised. Both experiences were very enjoyable overall. Now, because of my SO's work schedule, I am looking to book a cruise out of Miami for January 25 and the two options are on the Valor and the Triumph, but I think we have decided on the Valor. However, after reading the Cruise Critic member reviews, I am confused. Usually reviews are fairly consistent with maybe one or two not in agreement, but the reviews for the Valor for the last few months have run the gamut are so inconsistent for the same cruise that I really don't know what to think. I can live with the show entertainment not being so great because that's just not a big deal for us. So is it mainly the quality of food and service in the dining rooms that is the main complaint? I would really appreciate comments from those of you who have been on the Valor in the past few months.

Many thanks,

Peggy

The food quality on our July cruise on the Valor was very good. They have implemented the newest menus and I found many of the newer dishes to be excellent. The service was an area that I found disappointing in the dining room BUT it was most certainly tolerable just a notch below what we have become used to on Carnival. Other tables around us had excellent service so I would not base my choice on that. I've sailed both ships and if given the choice between the two I'd choose the Valor in a heartbeat. More food options, more entertainment and it's a newer ship with all the extras that play into that. The Triumph was our first and second cruises and the service was outstanding as was the food. There were fewer options and longer lines. Hope this helps :) Enjoy your cruise whichever you choose.

We were on Valor last year and were pleasantly surprised. We hadn't been on a Carnival ship for a number of years and we were happy to see the tremendous improvement. :) We had an outside cabin (no balcony) and it was extremely comfortable, especially the bed, which Carnival has gotten rave reviews about. The food was very good and the service excellent as well. We especially liked Rosie's Diner, the buffet restaurant, and one deck up a stairway from Rosie's is the Fish & Chips restaurant which was outstanding. We had lunch there a few times and I noticed that many of the ship's officers were also dining at Fish & Chips. That gives you an idea of how good it was. :rolleyes: Entertainment was good with lots of Vegas like shows. We are now looking at a cruise for next spring and Valor will be at the top of our list. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Just got off the Valor on the 14th and loved everything about our cruise. WE are diamond members on RCL and Princess loyalists and I have to confess had not tried Carnival in about 10 years. I almost hate to give the secret away and I would like to keep all to myself but have to say Valor is First Class in every way. Scarlett's was to die for and all other food venues were

very good. Can't resist that 24 hr ice cream and pizza.

We were fortunate to get pool side seats all sea days (9:00am) ship was not sailing at capacity. The friendliest waitstaff, steward, crew all around. I really felt that my business was appreciated.

Cat 11 suite and loved it. Cabin 7275

I can't believe what we have been missing for the last 10 years by not booking with Carnival.

We booked future booking and hope to do the Valor again in February.

Have sailed the Triumph and next cruise is booked on the Valor. There are several differences. Valor has fish and chips, mongolian bar, supper club and mini fridges in the room. I have never (and probably never will) been on a ship I didn't love. It beats going to work every day. And although I may find a few unhappy staff members or guests, or a little dust or something, you won't read about it in my review. I go looking to have a wonderful time and always do. Sometimes the negative reviews are from negative people. Trust me, I know some and they are never happy.

Just got off the Valor on the 14th and loved everything about our cruise. WE are diamond members on RCL and Princess loyalists and I have to confess had not tried Carnival in about 10 years. I almost hate to give the secret away and I would like to keep all to myself but have to say Valor is First Class in every way. Scarlett's was to die for and all other food venues were

very good. Can't resist that 24 hr ice cream and pizza.

We were fortunate to get pool side seats all sea days (9:00am) ship was not sailing at capacity. The friendliest waitstaff, steward, crew all around. I really felt that my business was appreciated.

Cat 11 suite and loved it. Cabin 7275

I can't believe what we have been missing for the last 10 years by not booking with Carnival.

We booked future booking and hope to do the Valor again in February.

we are also diamond at RCCL and have not sailed with carnival in more than 10 years. at that time food was poor and ship incredibly noisy. what are the current demographics re age groups. were there any seniors or still all young people

we are also diamond at RCCL and have not sailed with carnival in more than 10 years. at that time food was poor and ship incredibly noisy. what are the current demographics re age groups. were there any seniors or still all young people

We sailed on the Valor last May and loved it. I'm a Carnival loyalist because I've never had a bad experience that prompted me to try anyone else.

As to the demographics, sister and I are 52 & 51 and we're just about right in the middle of the pack. We sail during the school year to avoid most of the kids, but on all of our cruises this year I havn't noticed any one age group being over represented.

We traveled with a party of 10 ages 13 to 69. We all had a wonderful time! Awesome service, food and overall atmosphere!

Like someone else said some are just negative people! My mother is one:eek: Isn't happy unless she ruins someones day!

Book and have a wonderful time.

• 2 months later...

We sailed on Valor the end of March 2008, and loved it. The ship went through dry-dock not long before our cruise, and it looked great.

We thought the food was excellent. Service throughout the ship was great. I think you would enjoy the Valor. Have fun! :)

was on the Valor in May....just loved it...our dining room staff were ok..thought they were trying a little too hard at first (and had an issue with the Maitre d in the very begnning of week..but he redeemed himself:) and service got better throughout the week; loved our bread server (Gilbert); food was very good throughout the week; we don't do the buffet much (I don't anyway...hub may sneak a few things during day); we went to dining room each night and had room service or breakfast in dining room each morning..All in all..I would do "our" Valor all over again!

Just off the Valor last Sunday - And LOVED it!

Our Room Steward was "ok", but Dining room service, food, and Supper Club were all GREAT. Chris Jeffries is a really good CD, and we had a blast. We loved our Balcony on the Spa Deck, and loved our Western Caribbean Itinerary!

Just off the Valor last Sunday - And LOVED it!

Our Room Steward was "ok", but Dining room service, food, and Supper Club were all GREAT. Chris Jefferson is a really good CD, and we had a blast. We loved our Balcony on the Spa Deck, and loved our Western Caribbean Itinerary!

Had to correct Chris's last name, it is Jefferson of course. Chris Jeffries was a former office manager of mine:D

But again, we loved the Valor

We sailed Valor in July. It's a great ship. We had 2 interior cabins for our family of 5. Service was fine, food was fine, entertainment could have been better, but was still enjoyable. Would I sail again? Sure, after I get finished trying some of the other ships & itineraries! Actually, I would like to do Valor's western itinerary.

I just finished a B2B. Had different dining room teams each week, and both teams were excellent. No problems with service at all. Now, it's not at the level of the dining room service on Celebrity, but it's not as formal (stuffy), either. Basically, it's just nice waiters working their butts off to take great care of us!

I just finished a B2B. Had different dining room teams each week, and both teams were excellent. No problems with service at all. Now, it's not at the level of the dining room service on Celebrity, but it's not as formal (stuffy), either. Basically, it's just nice waiters working their butts off to take great care of us!

Hey Drew!

It was great meeting you guys! I saw your little nieces all over the ship Thanksgiving week with their braids! And that Mexican Dress the one girl was wearing! I told her Mamma she should save the dress for Cinco De Mayo, and she said "That's what your Uncle Andrew told you!"

haha

But I agree with the above folks. The Valor was great! I posted a review on the review page.

Archived