What was fuel surcharge if booked on 4/30/08?

mommykim

Hi all,

I'm wondering if anyone happens to know what the fuel surcharge was for a cruise booked on 4/30/08? I changed my cabin catagory and I'm now being charged $10 but I think it is wrong. The receipt I have from my TA shows a total taxes being paid and not a breakdown.

Hi all,

I'm wondering if anyone happens to know what the fuel surcharge was for a cruise booked on 4/30/08? I changed my cabin catagory and I'm now being charged $10 but I think it is wrong. The receipt I have from my TA shows a total taxes being paid and not a breakdown.

I am sure it was $5 and it increased again in May 08.

I was told by crown and anchor if I would of kept same sailing it wouldn't change you could change rooms...ect on same cruise...but since I changed the sailing date it did get changed...I was kinda upset since I had when was only $5 and 3 and 4 th person wasn't charged...now 10 pp for the first 2 and forget what it is ...

I've been around and around with RCI on this issue. I finally went to Customer Service, which is ... apparently ... a step above the supervisors of the folks who answer your call when you call to book a cruise or ask a question.

I was told that, if you make changes within the actual cruise (i.e., add someone to your cabin; move up/down; take a price drop), your fuel supp will not change from when you booked initially. However, if you change ships and/or dates, you are charged the fuel supp at the current rate, even if it's a transfer from the original booking.

I've heard of people who got the original fuel supp rate, even with changing cruises ... but they are the lucky exception, not the rule ... or so they are saying now.

Here's what I'd like to know ... the price of fuel is down (well, at least gasoline) ... at least where I live, in Northern CA, by over a dollar a gallon. When does the Fuel Supplement start going down, too????? :rolleyes:

I have the same prob...i did change ships and dates but at least TWO RC people said i still paid the old charge...all of a sudden, in august, the up it 3 bucks PP/PD even after they told my TA this wasn't the case....now i have been making payments all along...i found out sat when i went to pay it off.

talked to a C&A person and a resolutions person who was beyond rude! Now i want the money cause she was so incredibly nasty to me, and talked over me...PLUS went on for 5 minutes before LISTENING to me....arrrgh.

the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing.

Archived