tips at specialty restaurants

Stolinights

It's not added to your seapass. When reading the website (I haven't checked it in a while, but it used to say....) that the extra charge was a service charge. Some people chose to tip over and above this in cash....amount would be a personal decision.

The charge for the specialty restaurant is added to your seapass. You do not pay cash for it.

According to Celebrity's website, the charge covers the tip.

What are the charges for the special dining options on Constellation, Millennium, Infinity and Summit?

Subject: Dining Information

There is a cover charge for dining in the specialty restaurants onboard Constellation, Millennium, Infinity, and Summit. This charge is a $30 per person charge that will be posted to your onboard signature account (This covers gratuities). Additional charges apply for wines and other beverages purchased as usual.

The charge for the specialty restaurant is added to your seapass. You do not pay cash for it.

According to Celebrity's website, the charge covers the tip.

We normally eat at the Fancy Dinning Room (FDR) 3 plus nights on a 10 plus night cruise. I will make the reservations all at the same time. We eat early so they are kind of slow. I will tell the "boss" what our needs are Hot food so hot it is steaming, cold food cold, outstanding wine service (I am a Sommelier and I love to be served), and always to be at the table by the harp. I hand him an envelope with a Jackson in it to help make my wishes come true and they always have.

From what I have been told, the crew in the "FDR" pools all of the tips with them getting a small amount of the $30 charged. They make their $$ from the 15% tip that is charged for the wines and liquor served. That can be a bit of change. I will have a $100 plus wine bill every night. I like the good stuff.

garardo

Archived