Next Cruise/RCCL shareholder onboard credit question

dmp223

I tried searching for any threads that address this, but since search is not working.. here I am!

We will have a Next Cruise credit on our upcoming Mariner cruise.. I also requested our stockholder credit and received confirmation. Since this is the first time we have booked using the Next Cruise option, I am wondering, are we allowed to receive both OBC's?

If so, does anyone know when they typically post to your account?

Thanks in advance for any information! :)

~Dawn

Thank you so much for the quick and reassuring replies!! I am so excited I am about to jump out of my skin! Just did the online check in for our stay at the Radisson.. and this was the last concern I needed to check on.. so thank you!

Did I mention that I am excited?!?! :D

Be sure to bring all supporting documentation and contact information regarding your OBCs on the trip. Because RCI uses archaic information systems, and transfers the OBC data from Miami to the ship during the initial portion of the cruise, and because RCI won't or can't guarantee the precise onboard account credits prior to boarding, sometimes one or more of the OBCs don't post. Then, YOU will need to prove to the Guest Relations staff that there was an error or omission with your NextCruise, Shareholder, travel agent, and/or other OBCs.

Be sure to bring all supporting documentation and contact information regarding your OBCs on the trip. Because RCI uses archaic information systems, and transfers the OBC data from Miami to the ship during the initial portion of the cruise, and because RCI won't or can't guarantee the precise onboard account credits prior to boarding, sometimes one or more of the OBCs don't post. Then, YOU will need to prove to the Guest Relations staff that there was an error or omission with your NextCruise, Shareholder, travel agent, and/or other OBCs.

This is a good point. I do have the email confirmation for the stockholder credit, I have the Next Cruise confirmation number they gave us, I just can't find the actual confirmation they give you on the ship.. I will have to dig around in my "stuff" from our last cruise and hope that I didn't throw them away! :confused:

Your very welcome!!!!

You should go and check out the Roll Call for your sailing.....they are a fun bunch and lots of them are staying at the Radisson also.

Here's the link.....http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=534938&page=2467

LOL.. that roll call is HUGE!!! I get so overwhelmed when I check it out.. They all seem so nice and FUN! We will be sure to keep an eye out for them at the Radisson and say "hello"! ;)

This is a good point. I do have the email confirmation for the stockholder credit, I have the Next Cruise confirmation number they gave us, I just can't find the actual confirmation they give you on the ship.. I will have to dig around in my "stuff" from our last cruise and hope that I didn't throw them away! :confused:
From my experience, the NextCruise and shareholder credits are pretty reliable probably because they are internal to RCI. I have had trouble however with travel agent OBCs. Either way, it's best to be prepared since you will already be halfway through the cruise before you will know there is a problem! Have fun!

Your OBC's may take two days before they appear on your SeaPass Account..........so do not panic if you try to view your account on the TV and nothing is listed.

Have a fantastic cruise...............and spend that money wisely!;)

Thanks Patti and everyone else!

As long as they are on there before Saturday, I will be happy!

Thanks for all the well wishes, you all are the best!

~Dawn

From my experience, the NextCruise and shareholder credits are pretty reliable probably because they are internal to RCI. I have had trouble however with travel agent OBCs. Either way, it's best to be prepared since you will already be halfway through the cruise before you will know there is a problem! Have fun!

I am a stckholder and have gotten OBC on many cruise's. Just my last cruise Aug 17th 2008 on the Mariner, after day 3 I did not receive my OBC from being a stockholder. When I ? it at the pursor's desk, they said they would confirm it over the phone with whomever! I did have a copy with me, but they said they still had to confirm it!

I received a phone call from the pursor's desk the next day, that the OBC was applied to my account! It was there ! ;) I don't know why this happened ( 1st time for everything), I always take my confirmation along!

Enjoy!:)

Archived