Cost of Shuttle from Fort Lauderdale (Jewel)

JIMDSB2

We will be on the Jewel late January, and have a couple of questions??

What is the Cost of a Shuttle or cab from the Fort Lauderdale Airport area to the Port of Miami??

How much time should we allow before catching our flight back??

Thank you.

I'm sure you'll get a lot more responses over on the Florida board - but I wouldn't schedule a flight out of FLL after a Miami cruise before noon. I think the cruise line recommends 2PM.

Not sure about the price - but there are several options that have been discussed before. If you are flying out of Pittsburgh in late Jan - most folks are going to strongly suggest you fly into FLL the day before and get an inexpensive airport hotel. Last thing you want is a weather delay in Pitt or a connecting airport and miss the ship.

Good luck and have a wonderful cruise.

We will be on the Jewel late January, and have a couple of questions??

What is the Cost of a Shuttle or cab from the Fort Lauderdale Airport area to the Port of Miami??

How much time should we allow before catching our flight back??

Thank you.

Hi, It costs around 15.00 including tip. I do also recommend flying in the day before if you can. Any flight afer 12:00pm should be fine.

Have a great cruise

Looked into shuttle cost a few weeks ago for trip from FLL to port of Miami and a shared ride was $24.15pp for the ride to Miami. The cruise line(not RCI but they probably all charge the same) charges $30pp each way. For some reason(local restrictions?) a return trip to the FLL airport could not be pre-arranged with this particular shuttle service but have seen vans outside of terminal in Miami hawking for fares to FLL so should not be a problem getting a ride back to airport for about the same fare as the ride down. If more than two persons are going it may be worthwhile to just get a cab or look into a limo service.

If the OP has options I would suggest getting a flight home the departs around 1PM to be on the safe side, could porbably make earlier flights but stuff does happen and why spend your vacation worrying about getting to the airport on time.

Hope this helps.

Archived