Love & Marriage game

sweston85

If you are engaged by the time of your cruise they might make an exception. My wife & I did a pre-wedding honeymoon (we already had a cruise booked when we got engaged; the cruise was for late April and my wife really wanted a June wedding, but we didn't want to cancel the cruise). We explained our situation to the cruise director a couple of days before the game show, and my wife expressed how badly she wanted to be on the show and managed to charm him into promising a spot. It was a lot of fun and the ship sent a DVD copy of the show to our cabin as a memento.

On our Majesty cruise in 4/07 there were several newlyweds and just under 4(I think that was the number) but before the CD made his choice he had the 3 newlywed couples compete to see whom would be the final couple. So even if you stand up for a particular catergory, it is not written in stone that you will still be picked

On our Majesty cruise in 4/07 there were several newlyweds and just under 4(I think that was the number) but before the CD made his choice he had the 3 newlywed couples compete to see whom would be the final couple. So even if you stand up for a particular catergory, it is not written in stone that you will still be picked

Exactly! I really wanted to play it last year on our honeymoon, but another couple was picked (I think there were 7 or 8 honeymooners wanting to participate). I told my husband that I'll just try again in a few years when we meet the "2nd couple" quota.

There always seems to enough newlyweds on board to fill the slot.

Not on all sailings- we were on a 9 night repo from boston to FLL on the Jewel several years ago, and there were no newlyweds onboard, so they expanded the first age group to include couples married longer.

We won (only 3 couples were competing for our age group), and we had celebrated our 5th anniversary several months before the cruise.

I'm just thankful they did a raffle for selection instead of auditions as we never would have won.

Since we have only been on 7 day cruises that start and end at the same terminal, they always pick the newest married with several choices available. Last cruise they did have an audition to pick the middle couple. The oldest couple is always fairly easy to find. We would not miss the show as it has always been hilarious keeping us laughing the entire time. The tape the show and put it on the closed TV every day usually several times. We enjoy watching it again. If you have never seen the show before, be sure and go the next time you are on a cruise.

We're honeymooning on FOS in April. My TA begged us not to join the game. He said they ask VERY embarrassing questions and then replay it all week long. He said we'll be recognized everywhere and very humiliated.

Is this true? It sounds like so much fun and I'd like to think we'd be a couple who could win.

What kind of questions do they ask you? Could you just post a few that you remember I would love to view the game show. Thank You.:p

Who is the biggest troublemaker in your spouse's family?

What is your spouse's most annoying habit?

What does your spouse do to let you know that he/she is in the mood?

What is the strangest place you've made whoopie?

We're honeymooning on FOS in April. My TA begged us not to join the game. He said they ask VERY embarrassing questions and then replay it all week long. He said we'll be recognized everywhere and very humiliated.

Is this true? It sounds like so much fun and I'd like to think we'd be a couple who could win.

Your TA is correct, do you really want public humiliation that is shown several times a day, every day on the cabin TV :eek: ;)

###

Just got off the Mariner...

OK, so how do you "ask" to be in it??

We will be on our first cruise for our 25th anniversary. Would love to participate. Not sure if I can talk the hubby into it!!

All the couples for the 25 years (give or take) had to stand up, and give each other a vey passionate kiss.

What kind of questions do they ask you? Could you just post a few that you remember I would love to view the game show. Thank You.:p

- Where was your 1st date

- If your spouse were planning a reunion and gave you the invites to mail which one would you choose to not mail

- If your hubby went to the store what size bra would he buy

All in all its fun watching from the crowd point of view or playing, just like the real game from TV. I am sure that the questions vary from CD to CD so there is now true way to prepare for the questions but be on gaurd for the CD to bring those momments out :p

The object for the CD is to embarrass you and to get laughs from the audience. It is an improv comedy show and some of the CDs are very good at it. There are no limits for the most part. Your sexual life, dating life before you married, relatives that you do not like (inlaws usually) are all within bounds. Once the CD realizes that he has stumbled on a really embarassing moment for you, s/he will dwell on it. If you are easily embarassed or do not want to share your innermost secrets with the world, I would definitely agree with you TA and stay off the show. Remember that they replay the tape on the closed circuit TV several times a day for the rest of the cruise. You may become an instant celebrity and get attention that you really did not want.

when we went on our honeymoon cruise the couple that got picked had beaten us by 4 HOURS

Damn!

Archived