best spa deal

ajj0624

This is only my second cruise and i would really like to make a spa visit but it seems so expensive. Someone said that they skip a day in port to stay on the ship for the best spa deals but i can't imagine traveling all that way and not seeing the island.:confused: Any suggestions?

I enjoy a facial or service also, and all I can say is to keep your eye on the specials listed in the daily Patter. Sometimes they discount particular services, sometimes I have seen them package two or three services together at a discount, mostly on port days (but you could schedule in the afternoon after you return from port).

On my last cruise (Alaska on the Coral Princess in June) the spa did a promotion I had never seen before-they had a "silent auction" of selected spa services on the next to the last day-a sea day. Information was put in the cabin and you took your bid to the spa desk. The minimum bid was 50% of the listed price-I got a facial with dermabrasion (it was heaven!!) for my bid which was just a little over 50% off. I hope I see this on future cruises.

Not only do they have discounts on port days, but also on other days toward the end of the cruise. Sometimes they will list 6-8 different treatments and you can choose 3 of them (each one is for 20 min.) for $69-89 total for all 3. You will not find these specials on formal nights.

I always enjoy getting both a facial and a massage when I am on a cruise. Last week I was on the CB and had a massage. We did receive a coupon book in the room that gave 15% off treatments when in port which I did use. There were also specials where you could combine 3 services for $99, but I do remember this was offered in the evening on a formal night.

This was my first Princess cruise so I am not sure what their treatments are normally like. However, I did feel very rushed in getting into and out of the spa. Although the massage itself was great, I decided to cancel the facial that I had booked. I felt that it was not worth the price I would pay and for that price, I could book both a facial and massage at home.

There were also specials where you could combine 3 services for $99, but I do remember this was offered in the evening on a formal night.

Maybe different ships do it differently. :confused:

I felt that it was not worth the price I would pay and for that price, I could book both a facial and massage at home.

That's very true, but having it on the ship helps you relax and enjoy the vacation - but you have to pay more for it! ;)

I've had some very good, some just-OK, and some not-so-good treatments over the years on ships. Once on Carnival I had the saddest excuse for a "massage" I've ever had - a huge waste of money. But last year on Princess I had a to-die-for facial and massage that was so good I fell asleep! It all depends on the person giving it and, unfortunately, you won't know who's good and who's not. That's why getting them at home is "safer." But I enjoy it as part of my vacation and I budget it in.

I've had some very good, some just-OK, and some not-so-good treatments over the years on ships. Once on Carnival I had the saddest excuse for a "massage" I've ever had - a huge waste of money. But last year on Princess I had a to-die-for facial and massage that was so good I fell asleep! It all depends on the person giving it and, unfortunately, you won't know who's good and who's not. That's why getting them at home is "safer." But I enjoy it as part of my vacation and I budget it in.

This is so true. And I do usually spend the extra money to relax if I feel it is worth it.

The massage I had on Princess was actually very good. What I liked better about Celebrity and Holland is that they took me to the Woman's dressing area where I put on a robe and was able to relax. I was also then, afterwards, able to use a sauna or shower. On Princess, I was taken right to the massage room and undressed there for the massage. Fortunately, I had on clothes that I did not care about wearing again since I had to dress in them with the oil from the massage on my body.

Maybe this also has to do with the ship you are on.

Archived