CB Princess Medical Center review

Iamcruzin

Laughing out loud here!

Given this post and all the follow-on posts that have referenced the reasonable price of Princess's medical procedures, I'm beginning to suspect that the cure [pun intended] for we Americans suffering out-of-control medical costs and health insurance woes may be just to live onboard a cruise ship. Now the candidate that advocates that (along with a way for me to pay for it) will totally get my support in November.

My friend works for another cruise line as a ship's nurse(I am in the process of joining her) and she quotes numerous times of Americans using the onboard medical facilities for a full physical under different pretexes as it is cheaper than a physical at home.

Terry

Actually I only came upon Cruise Critic a few months ago when doing reasearch for our up coming Nov cruise on CB.

Sailed on the CB twice.

Have a great cruise and hopefully you won't be needing to visit the Dr while onboard...;)..:D and if so, you know first hand you'll be in good hands. :)

I too have had to avail myself of the Medical facility on a Princess cruise, and was given professional, caring attention.

We were on the Coral, and, silly me, thought it would be fun to climb Dunn's River Falls. It WAS fun, but I managed to step in a hole between some rocks and badly sprained my ankle, plus got a nasty laceration on my shin. Upon return to the ship, I went to the Medical Center. They xrayed my ankle (happily, nothing broken), wrapped it with an Ace wrap, provided me with OTC meds for the pain and a wheelchair to use. They cleansed the laceration thoroughly, applied antibiotic ointment and bandaged it. They gave me packets of antibiotic ointment and extra dressings so I could continue to care for it on my own. My care cost all of $68, which was reimbursed by my Princess insurance after I got home.

Being an RN, I was curious about the facility and what kind of certifications the staff had and what emergency equipment onboard. The nurses there were willing to share that info with a fellow professional. I learned that they and the physician have the same certifications that are required to work in emergency rooms and ICUs in the US, and they have much of the same equipment as hospital ERs have for cardiac emergencies. To me that was very reassuring, knowing they are prepared to care for minor as well as major medical events.

I too am an RN and am happy to hear of this positive experience. My wife once had to use the med. facilities (on the TP) and we were pleased with our treatment and its reasonable cost. The MD there was English BTW as was the nurse. What matters is how good they are of course.

Archived