8:00 am return to port - 10:00 am flight...

2CoolCanucks

1. make sure the ship reaches FLL on time.

2. Make sure Customs & Immigration clears the ship promptly.

3. Make sure you are the first off the ship (you will have to carry all your bags).

4. Make sure a taxi is waiting when you clear the ship.

5. Make sure there are no traffic problems between the port and the airport.

6. etc., etc.

I would never try it. That's just way too early. Why stress yourself out at the end of your vacation? Book a flight for noon or later and then have a nice relaxing breakfast your last morning and make your way to the airport.

With a 10 am flight ABSOLUTELY NOTHING can go wrong or you're going to miss your flight.

Thanks....

I will have to see if I can change my flight....:(

I was so excited about the "deal"... booked it thinking that 2 hours was plenty and forgot to register mentally that the little delay details can potentially mess it up...

This will probably cost me whatever I thought I was saving on my "deal"...:(

Anybody got any ideas how I should try to change my booking...? It's with United.

PS. Didn't have this problem with other cruises because we always stayed an extra day in port city after the cruise.

I hear ya. I've had the same thing happen to me. You'll get stuck with a change fee :mad: but still better to learn the lesson this way with a little extra money rather than miss your flight.

If it makes you feel any better (and have a laugh on me), I had to learn a really big lesson to CHECK when March Break is. I booked our cruise and our flight for next March only to discover a couple of weeks ago that March Break (hubby is a teacher) is the following week from when I booked. That little booboo cost me big time!

Thanks kaws.

I really don't dare to have a laugh at your expense.... I feel bad for you too.

Why do we do these things... I hate learning the hard way!

Oh well, I will contact United and see what my options are....

Thanks again.

I'll try to get back to you to let you know how it turned out.

For sure, pay the change fees and move to a later flight if you can. The cost of being stress free will be worth it. Just because you are supposed to be ready to disembark at 8:00 doesn't mean it will happen. You should be at the airport by 8:30 at the latest. Doesn't give you room for ANY delays or lines.

OK .... I'm back.

A lot wiser and a little poorer. I am grateful it is only a LITTLE poorer. :)

I called United but because I booked through an online outlet, they told me I had to contact the website to make the change.

To make a long story short, I am a happy and a relieved cruiser. :)

Since I only booked in the last 24 hours, I was able to make the change and get a refund. (minus the $13. service fee.)

I rebooked and although it wasn't as great a deal as I originally had, I now have a departing flight at 3:00 pm AND peace of mind! :)

This lesson cost me a total of $75. (total for both of our re-booked tickets.)

Without all your encouragement, it would probably have cost us a WHOLE lot more $ in December AND we would have been frazzled at the end of our vacation...

Thanks again ya'll!

OK .... I'm back.

A lot wiser and a little poorer. I am grateful it is only a LITTLE poorer. :)

I called United but because I booked through an online outlet, they told me I had to contact the website to make the change.

To make a long story short, I am a happy and a relieved cruiser. :)

Since I only booked in the last 24 hours, I was able to make the change and get a refund. (minus the $13. service fee.)

I rebooked and although it wasn't as great a deal as I originally had, I now have a departing flight at 3:00 pm AND peace of mind! :)

This lesson cost me a total of $75. (total for both of our re-booked tickets.)

Without all your encouragement, it would probably have cost us a WHOLE lot more $ in December AND we would have been frazzled at the end of our vacation...

Thanks again ya'll!

For what it's worth, Untied is pulling out of Fort Lauderdale totally and completely, and I believe the change takes effect before December. I think Untied is selling U.S. Air flights with an Untied flight number. Those flights connect thru God knows where.

???? So are you telling me that my United Flight will not be valid in December!!????

Please say it isn't so...

OR are you saying that it is the same flight under a new name?

I have no way of knowing the actual airline operating your flights ... but I can assure you it won't be Untied.

When I researched Untied ORD/FLL flights for our December trip, all I came up with were flights operated by U.S. Air with an Untied flight number and an "operated by U.S. Air" comment. And, it isn't just that Untied cut the ORD/FLL ... check out this article from June (and I've seen the same info in various media thruout the summer): http://www.usatoday.com/travel/flights/2008-06-26-ual-florida_N.htm

Ive found 11:30 is the earlest to book for. In 15 cruises I have been delayed eather by customs or weather 4 times .Once on COSTA we docked at 7:30 ad I was at gate at airport at 8:30 . That was self disenbark and I got a cab right at dock outside doors and breezed through customs at cruiseport and airport security . Once on HAL we got in 6 hrs late so no mater how late hardly anyone made it. But the airlines were notafied of our problem ao they were ready for us. I was standbuy but there wasnt enough seats so united switched me to another airline . 90 % of time Im in airport by 10:30 and to gates by 11:00 So I wouldnt recamend anything earler than 11:30 CARL

Ive found 11:30 is the earlest to book for. In 15 cruises I have been delayed eather by customs or weather 4 times .Once on COSTA we docked at 7:30 ad I was at gate at airport at 8:30 . That was self disenbark and I got a cab right at dock outside doors and breezed through customs at cruiseport and airport security . Once on HAL we got in 6 hrs late so no mater how late hardly anyone made it. But the airlines were notafied of our problem ao they were ready for us. I was standbuy but there wasnt enough seats so united switched me to another airline . 90 % of time Im in airport by 10:30 and to gates by 11:00 So I wouldnt recamend anything earler than 11:30 CARL

I almost always make the flight for noon or after, BUT have usually changed my flight when I got to the airport to leave earlier. That way, if I got to the airport earlier, I had my options to change or not to change. Good luck.

There is a BIG reason why any flight on a cruise disembarkation day out of FLL or Miami before 11 am is so cheap----they know cruise passengers cannot make those flights. Every cruise line tells their passenger to not make flight reservations before noon.

???? So are you telling me that my United Flight will not be valid in December!!????

Please say it isn't so...

OR are you saying that it is the same flight under a new name?

USAIR is a partner of United. What United does is sell the ticket and then you'll get on a USAIR plane. We did it last year. No problems. Just use your confirmation number and check on line every couple weeks for any changes. You can try the confirmation number on both the USAIr and United sites. With all the cuts in flights and changes, everyone needs to do that anyways. I wouldn't worry too much. Just be prepared. And call your online outlet if you have further questions. Have a great time!

Archived