Pacific Sun Digital Mischief?

Aussie_Kingpin

I was just showing a friend the P&O website and notice they have the Pacific Sun in her new white livery.

I read elsewhere in this forum that the water slide has been removed.

However, http://www.pocruises.com.au/resource/psun-4.jpg shows the slide as well as the white funnel.

I think someone has been playing with Photoshop! ;-)

I was just showing a friend the P&O website and notice they have the Pacific Sun in her new white livery.

I read elsewhere in this forum that the water slide has been removed.

However, http://www.pocruises.com.au/resource/psun-4.jpg shows the slide as well as the white funnel.

I think someone has been playing with Photoshop! ;-)

Good pickup,

It is all smoke & mirrors. PR departments that make brochures and websites to look better than real life.

They have taken an existing image and photoshopped the funnel white. At the time the artwork was done, they had probably not decided on the removal of the slide (or somebody did not alert the artist).

There have been all white images of Pacific Sun in brochures for close to a year, and she was only painted last week - more photoshop.

The main image used for Sun & Dawn Princess is a mirror image. One side off the hull has some superficial damage, so they have photgraphed the other side, mirrored the image, and removed the back to front name from the ship on photoshop. A keen eye can still spot the reversed name at the top of the ship though.

Archived