Clean, safe hotel near JFK airport

nancruising

I am hoping to find something at around $200.00 ?

It is not recommended to go with "cheap" when staying in the JFK area. The reason being is that JFK is surrounded by areas where people might need emergency housing, and this is really the only place in Queens where there are hotels/motels. Just saying.

I am hoping to find something at around $200.00 ?

Use Priceline, bid JFK area and 3* (highest star rating available).

$100-125 is the bid range I use. I stay around JFK or LaGuardia at least once a month (business trips). I am also a solo woman. On the open market, the 3* JFK hotels are usually priced about $250.00 + taxes. I ALWAYS use Priceline for NYC hotels, both at the airport and in Manhattan. I have stayed in some VERY luxurious hotels for VERY little money. I ALWAYS bid the highest star level available. I have only had one bad Priceline experience (cruddy hotel, but I bid a mid level star rating).

Hotels I have gotten at JFK: Doubletree (which used to be the Radisson), Crowne Plaza and the Sheraton. All satisfactory, all upper mid level hotels. All have shuttles and all have food (expensive) on the premises. All house flight crews.

food options are almost nonexistant....(unless you have a car)...keep that in mind....(you're pretty much stuck with hotel food)

I wouldn't be surprised if there were some local places such as Chinese or Italian that would deliver to the hotel room. Check with the front desk.

I wouldn't be surprised if there were some local places such as Chinese or Italian that would deliver to the hotel room. Check with the front desk.

true.....BUT when we asked, in my hotel (Fairfield inn) where to get breakfast (it was maybe 11AM--we left home early) they send me to the fried chicken place across the street...........HAHAHA! --we DID find a diner tho!)

We stayed at the Hampton Inn near JFK several years ago. It is right next door to another hotel property and very close to the airport. Like all Hamptons the rate includes a continental breakfast that was all we needed, plus coffee maker in the room. According to their website they offer an airport shuttle.

There are local places in the general area, I think per our usual we found a local pizza place.

I am usually leary of getting restaurant advice from most hotel front desk people. They usually don't live in the area and have no idea what is off the property.

Archived