Captains

cruisefan42

I don't know any personally, I am hoping for posts on a Captain that is fun and entertaining. It definitely sets the tone for the cruise. This is my first time on HAL, I have read posts about some great Capt's. I hope we are as lucky.

I don't know any personally, I am hoping for posts on a Captain that is fun and entertaining. It definitely sets the tone for the cruise. This is my first time on HAL, I have read posts about some great Capt's. I hope we are as lucky.

Your captain is scheduled to be Hans Mateboer, nice guy! Had a conversation with him on Oosterdam once after he just returned from being a captain at Disney Cruise Line and was still Chief Officer on HAL (before being promoted). Ask him about the very good and funny book he wrote called the Captain's Log. Or, maybe, buy his book and have him sign it for you onboard

http://shopping.yahoo.com/p:The%20Captain%27s%20Log%3A:3004309570;_ylc=X3oDMTB1c21tcDhkBF9TAzk2NjMyOTA3BHNlYwNmZWVkBHNsawNib29rcw--

51g7csLaEvL._SS500_.jpg

Does anyone happen to know the captain on Zaandam for the 11/22/2008 circle Hawaii cruise. Is he a "fun" captain?

It is cheduled to be Captain Sijbe de Boer. All HAL captains are professional first, he is one of them. Some are more outgoing "people persons" than others. Chances are you are only going to see some of them at official events such as the scheduled cocktail parties, welcome aboard toast, Mariners party, etc. They have a busy schedule so not many of them will have the time to be head judges at the ping pong competition and/or dance the "John Travolta" at night;) Enjoy your cruise!

Good evening

Does anybody happen to know who the Captain and Hotel Manager will be on the Statendam March 6th cruise through the Panama Canal?

Thank you and have a good evening

Depends if Captain Jack retires. Those rumors are still going around. Have no idea if they are true (this time) or not. :)

Good evening

Does anybody happen to know who the Captain and Hotel Manager will be on the Statendam March 6th cruise through the Panama Canal?

Thank you and have a good evening

Hard to say at this point (six months to go) If the rotation holds up and if Capt. Jack does not retire, could be Capt. Harm-Jan Arnold. If Capt Jack retires, another captain will be added to the rotation.

Now you have my curiosity piqued. Anyone know who will be Captain of the Oosterdam 02-28-09 through 03-14-09? Can never seem to get too much information about an upcoming cruise! Every little detail just adds to the excitement. TIA for any info.

Also a long way to go still. A lot of things can change; both Captains van der Loo and Baaiens are assigned to her at the moment on a rotating basis

We are crazy for Captain Jack. We have had some outstanding times with him. I'd love to sail with him at least once more.

I'm not sure if it is just another 'Captain Jack is retiring' rumor or if he really is this time.

He has been with HAL a great many years and will be missed by many of us....if, indeed, he is hanging up his hat.

Archived