Grandeur D1- hold 4 people?

finoky

We have three people going with us that may want to add a 4th in their cabin. How do the D1's accommodate 4 people in one cabin on the Grandeur? I know it will be crowded for sure but they still may want to do it.

It would be 2 adults and 2 older teens. I told them I thought it would be really tight but they wanted to know. So I knew the Royal Caribbean experienced cruisers would know. I think two separate cabins for them is the way to go. That does raise the per person fare but it is either that or be sardines for 9 days.

It would be 2 adults and 2 older teens. I told them I thought it would be really tight but they wanted to know. So I knew the Royal Caribbean experienced cruisers would know. I think two separate cabins for them is the way to go. That does raise the per person fare but it is either that or be sardines for 9 days.

I feel you are making a much better decision with getting two cabins for the four of us. To keep dpwn costs maybe you can get the teens an inside cabin near you.

We have three people going with us that may want to add a 4th in their cabin. How do the D1's accommodate 4 people in one cabin on the Grandeur? I know it will be crowded for sure but they still may want to do it.

I asked a similar question previously about having 4 adult women in a junior suite on the Grandeur, knowing that it would be crowded. And the only responses that I got was to get two cabins.

That is not what the op asked. the question is how does a D1 accommodate 4 people sleeping in the cabin. If there is a triangle on the deck plans, then there is a sofa bed in the room and a cross sign if it is two pullman beds (at least I think it's a cross). Not all cabins can accommodate 4 people and Royal told me that even if the cabin accommodates 4 people, they only allow so many people on the ship and you might not be allowed to add a fourth person to your cabin. Royal also told me that the sofa bed makes into a normal queen sized bed.

yes, two cabins would be nice (specifically to get the second bathroom), but not everyone wants to spend the extra money for a second cabin or go to a lower category.

hope that helps answer your question.;)

We got off Grandeur today. Had 3 adults in a Junior suite--I know not a d-1. Main place where we've seen a difference in room space is the space between the end of the bed and the desk. Two things that will be tight are the sofa bed--what size are the people sleeping there? Second is the bed going to be made up as a queen size or two twin size? As a queen it would be very tight to get by during the night to use the bathroom. If they are as two twin size you can turn them slightly and make them into a slight "v" and give more room at the foot of the beds to get by. Also, luggage storage may be a problem.

Having said that, it is doiable, just be workable in taking turns with the shower, etc. and don't overpack or over shop.

Also, you may want to ask the cabin attendant for a egg crater mattress--sofa bed mattresses aren't comfortable.

Archived