Personal Trainer Costs and Wine Packages

riversidecruiser

Does anyone know the approximate cost of working with a personal trainer on the Regatta? I haven't been able to find a thread that mentions this.

As well, I wondered if Oceania has wine packages that can be purchased. Disney has wine packages (at least on their 7 day cruises) and I found it convenient to make a one-time selection. I'm usually not familiar with many of the wines on offer anyway, since we Canadians can only select from the offerings of our provincial liqour licensing agencies :(

There was mention in another thread of someone "finding" the sommelier and selecting wines from a list he had, but does that mean that there's an unadvertised secret list, or would the sommelier have made the offer at the first dinner anyway?

Thanks for any info anyone can provide.

As well, I wondered if Oceania has wine packages that can be purchased. Disney has wine packages (at least on their 7 day cruises) and I found it convenient to make a one-time selection. I'm usually not familiar with many of the wines on offer anyway, since we Canadians can only select from the offerings of our provincial liqour licensing agencies :(

The LCBO carries wines etc from all over the world :confused:

You can find the same wines that Oceania offers at their stores ...maybe not in your local store but they can be ordered

http://www.lcbo.com/products/productsearch.shtml

Do you work at the LCBO:)

Obviously I know that they carry wines from all over the world. I just meant that our wine selections were limited to whichever wines are selected based on the LCBO's criteria. Which many times is based on quantity (a winery has to be able to provide a certain number of cases to be stocked), not quality.

NO what has that go to do with anything.

Obviously I know that they carry wines from all over the world. I just meant that our wine selections were limited to whichever wines are selected based on the LCBO's criteria.

Many of the wines listed on Oceania are available through the LCBO .......that was my point

a winery has to be able to provide a certain number of cases to be stocked

Riversidecruiser,

Fom our experience, Oceanias' Wine list does not include small vinyard or boutique wines for that very reason.

They obviously purchase through a Consolidator.

That being said, it seems that they must have a good relationship with their wine Rep at the Consolidator. You will often find high quality wines added if they can do it at a reasonable price, even if the quantities are somewhat limited.

As an example, on our last cruise (March '08 on the Regatta) they were offering a Mikulski Meursault for $75.

We enjoy a full, ripe white in the warmer weather, so we looked for it during the summer. Granted it's a bit more mature now, but we were unable to find it for less than $120

We've never heard of such an all inclusive package.

Besides, why wouldn't you want to match the wines to the foods that you decide to order each evening?

Buying in advance would kill the spontaneity

Live Live Live,

Life is a Banquet!...........Auntie Mame

Have you tried Vintages via the LCBO on-line system?

Obviously I know that they carry wines from all over the world. I just meant that our wine selections were limited to whichever wines are selected based on the LCBO's criteria. Which many times is based on quantity (a winery has to be able to provide a certain number of cases to be stocked), not quality.

We recently returned from a Baltic cruise on Regatta.

Oceania had a wine package but it was nothing like the wine packages sold on other cruise lines (i.e. reduced price for pre-purchasing a number of bottles). Oceania's wine package only included a few very high priced bottles. We didn't partake in their package and simply bought wine as we needed it. They kept any unifinished bottle with our room number on it and the bottle miraculously appeared the next night regardless of which restaurant we were eating in. It was a very good experience.

I have a different viewpoint on the wine package. There is a list of high end wines - many boutique wineries - available via the sommlier. You select a minimum of three bottles and they will deliver them to your table as requested. There are many high end lables at a very reasonable price and are not available on the regular wine list. Wines ranged in price from about $35 per bottle to the $100's. We felt it was a good value for our dollar and were great wines (Far Niente Chardonnay for about $57 per bottle), Nickel and Nickel Cabernet for $80ish...., some nice Italian and French....We loved selecting from our own list nightly.

Thanks for your perspective on the wine package, chatkat. At least now I know that there is an alternative list, and as with anything to do with wine, everyone has a different opinion on value :)

Did you just ask the sommelier at dinner the first night if there was an available wine package, or did you find the list available somewhere on board?

On my Oceania cruise in 2007 we went to the wine tasting and they offered this at the tasting. When we boarded this last June, I found a sommlier right away and asked if they were doing that again and he said yes, pulled a list and we were set for the cruise. It was very special feel like we had our own wine celler on board.

Archived