Port of Houston - Parking

Houstoncruiser2007

Does anyone know the parking situation there? I have read on the Port's website that they have 800 uncovered spots. That doesn't seem like alot to me with both the Conquest and the Ecstasy cruising from there. I have submitted a question through the Port's website but have yet to hear anything. Understandable given all that is going on here in Houston. Does anyone else have any information, i.e., whether there are parking garages, if you have to make reservations ahead of time, etc.

We are cruising Oct. 9 so I'm just trying to get some good info.

Thanks!

Since you arent going until Oct, you have plenty of time for someone who actually parks there to report back. Today will be the first time a ship comes into the port. I think Host Mach posted he thinks parking is $7 per day on the thread for Port Of Houston opening.

I agree, 800 spots doesn't sound adequate for 2 ships. I'm sure they will figure out a solution. I guess we'll see the posts with the answers (good or bad) after this weekend.

Wouldn't most people be flying in and taking buses or cabs to the ship?

Wouldn't most people be flying in and taking buses or cabs to the ship?

I agree a LOT will be flying in. However, from all my previous cruises, the parking lots were filled with people who drove to port. I'm only guessing but think there were probably 500 cars per cruise ship. I'm sure they will work it out.

I agree a LOT will be flying in. However, from all my previous cruises, the parking lots were filled with people who drove to port. I'm only guessing but think there were probably 500 cars per cruise ship. I'm sure they will work it out.

I guess they forgot to plan for 2 cruise ships using the port in case Galveston got devastated by a hurricane...what dumb bastages. :p:rolleyes:

Sent: 9/17/2008 10:40:07 P.M. Central Daylight Time

Subj: Re: parking question

Plenty of parking - about 800 spots- no need to reserve and not set up to reserve. Parking open at 10 am. Building opening 11 am. K

------Original Message------

To: kadams@poha.com

Sent: Sep 17, 2008 9:02 PM

Subject: parking question

At what time will the parking area be open on Sunday, Sept. 21st? Will there be enough parking for all the people on two ships? Do we need to arrive extra early to secure a spot? Last question, can you reserve a spot in the lot?

Thank you for your time.

Sent: 9/17/2008 10:40:07 P.M. Central Daylight Time

Subj: Re: parking question

Plenty of parking - about 800 spots- no need to reserve and not set up to reserve. Parking open at 10 am. Building opening 11 am. K

------Original Message------

To: kadams@poha.com

Sent: Sep 17, 2008 9:02 PM

Subject: parking question

At what time will the parking area be open on Sunday, Sept. 21st? Will there be enough parking for all the people on two ships? Do we need to arrive extra early to secure a spot? Last question, can you reserve a spot in the lot?

Thank you for your time.

Thanks nawlinscruiser. I guess I just thought 800 spots wasn't enough seeing as how it was constructed as a new cruise terminal and not just a stop gap measure for the Port of Galveston being closed. It seems like a lot of people drive from all over the state and other close by states.

But what do I know. ;)

Thanks again.

Happy sailing.

Thanks nawlinscruiser. I guess I just thought 800 spots wasn't enough seeing as how it was constructed as a new cruise terminal and not just a stop gap measure for the Port of Galveston being closed. It seems like a lot of people drive from all over the state and other close by states.

But what do I know. ;)

Thanks again.

Happy sailing.

Just as a comparison, here in Mobile we have a parking garage integrated into the cruise terminal; holds 550 cars. This is plenty adequate for the Holiday which has a max passenger capacity of 1800. When the Fantasy was recently redeployed to Mobile due to the river closure in New Orleans, an additional 500 spaces were required in off site locations. This leads me to believe that 800 spaces will not be adequate; I would recommend arriving early!

Archived