FRee admission to Disney on Your Bday in 2009

crusinmama06

My family knows that at any time while dining out, they may be celebrating an unbirthday.

For some strange reason, :rolleyes: sometimes the waiters just come over and spontaneously hand one of them an (un)birthday dessert and start singing! :D

lol

call me mad, yet

unbirthday's r the merriest of all:cool:

read the whole offering yesterday, good way to make sure people buy the correct park admission for their kids too; wonder if they'll start carding?

I'm wondering if the whole reason behind it is to get thier database up-to-date so there will be less "made up" birthdays looking for a hand out seven times a year as well as kids who are passed off as two years old until they enter puberty moving forward. Go read "the other boards" and you'll see plenty of people who think it's fine to pass of a four year old as two and celebrate birthdays six months from the actual date or every day of an entire two week vacation in order to get freebies each day. Disney doesn't do anything without a money making reason behind it.

I'm wondering if the whole reason behind it is to get thier database up-to-date so there will be less "made up" birthdays looking for a hand out seven times a year as well as kids who are passed off as two years old until they enter puberty moving forward. Go read "the other boards" and you'll see plenty of people who think it's fine to pass of a four year old as two and celebrate birthdays six months from the actual date or every day of an entire two week vacation in order to get freebies each day. Disney doesn't do anything without a money making reason behind it.

Disney doesn't do anything without a money making reason behind it.

You make it sound like a bad thing. From the beginning, Walt Disney was sure that people would visit his parks if he provided a superior amusement park (a big 3-D interactive movie to him) experience. That meant interesting themed rides, a clean park and exceptional customer service. It was all about making money by making people happy.

The money-making concept for the free birthday admission is simple. FOlks coming to Disney parks on their birthday are almost guaranteed to bring someone along with them. Who want's so go to Disneyland alone on your birthday? They will also spend money on food, drinks and hats that you'd never wear anywhere else. After all, it's your birthday so go ahead and buy that Goofy hat. Also, the birthday person might buy a multi-day passport also and make an extended day of it. One nice part is that the birthdays are spread evenly over the year so it'll help even out holiday and vacation surges.

Disney doesn't do anything without a money making reason behind it.

You make it sound like a bad thing. From the beginning, Walt Disney was sure that people would visit his parks if he provided a superior amusement park (a big 3-D interactive movie to him) experience. That meant interesting themed rides, a clean park and exceptional customer service. It was all about making money by making people happy.

The money-making concept for the free birthday admission is simple. FOlks coming to Disney parks on their birthday are almost guaranteed to bring someone along with them. Who want's so go to Disneyland alone on your birthday? They will also spend money on food, drinks and hats that you'd never wear anywhere else. After all, it's your birthday so go ahead and buy that Goofy hat. Also, the birthday person might buy a multi-day passport also and make an extended day of it. One nice part is that the birthdays are spread evenly over the year so it'll help even out holiday and vacation surges.

I don't think it's a bad thing at all.

One thing I've noticed over the years is that so many people wear birthday buttons, first visit buttons, newlywed buttons, anniversary buttons, I'm potty-trained buttons, and my mother can beat up your mother buttons that they are no longer special because everyone has a button on. I know that a few years ago we stayed in a room next door to a family that all wore birthday buttons all week, rather than the birthday person wearing the button on their birthday. The overuse/abuse has diluted the original intent. I'm hoping that maybe Disney will be able to reel this in by getting everyone into their database. It weill make the actual birthday something special again at Disney World. Hope that makes sense. :)

Archived