My Oosterdam- Alaska photos

mnbruce

Oh! Wow!!! What great photos, thanks so much for sharing them. Sailed Alaska 2 years ago and it is just wonderful. You photos makes me what to go back again.

As for the Oosterdam, which I have not sailed on yet, and will be my first cruise on a Holland America ship,( will be in August 2009) , could you share how you like the Oosterdam, like the service, cabins, food, etc. Just wanted to learn all I can.

Thanks so much,

Marcy

Thanks Tamrahs and HALleluiah, I appreciate it.

Thanks Marilyn,it was nice meeting you.

As a fellow Canon 30D user, great photos! You do the camera justice.

PS--my husband has no idea how much I spend on camera equipment, either.

Better to keep it a secret!:) Thanks.

I can't wait for you to take a cruise to the caribbean and new england and europe and.....and bring back some photos from them.

I would love to do New England in the fall and Europe is on the short list. We've done a couple of Caribbean cruises,but that was before my photography interest. I do have some Jamaica photos on my photo hosting site.

Oh! Wow!!! What great photos, thanks so much for sharing them. Sailed Alaska 2 years ago and it is just wonderful. You photos makes me what to go back again.

As for the Oosterdam, which I have not sailed on yet, and will be my first cruise on a Holland America ship,( will be in August 2009) , could you share how you like the Oosterdam, like the service, cabins, food, etc. Just wanted to learn all I can.

Thanks so much,

Marcy

Thanks Marcy,I am quite easy to please so I don't know what my opinions are worth, but here are a few quick thoughts.

Service-Top notch,can't find anything to complain about. Most went way beyound the call of duty.

The ship-Very beautiful,easy to get around, staff always cleaning and shining things up. I don't have any complaints about the ship.

Cabins- We just had a standard verandah on deck seven. A little small but we spend little time in the cabin. Really nice beds!

Food-In my opinion overall the food was good. The dining room food was quite good but the portions were a little small,but never left hungry. Probably to prevent waste. I had a Baked Alaska four times for dessert. Lido buffet was a hit and miss but there were enough choices so I could always find something to satisfy me. It reminded me of the food at the all inclusives in Mexico and Jamaica. I thought the Pinnacle Grill($20) was quite good however the couple of guests we were with thought the salmon tasted a little fishy. I had a 22 0z. Porterhouse that I though was quite tastey. Room service was so-so IMO.

• 1 month later...

BRAVO BRUCE!!

We have been to Alaska 4 times and will return again May 24! Can you go with us and take the pix! LOL!!!

FANTASTIC SHOTS!!! I WILL SHARE WITH MY HUSBAND!!

But then of course he will want a new camera, ect... LOL!!

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR SHARING WITH US!!

Teri

BRAVO BRUCE!!

We have been to Alaska 4 times and will return again May 24! Can you go with us and take the pix! LOL!!!

FANTASTIC SHOTS!!! I WILL SHARE WITH MY HUSBAND!!

But then of course he will want a new camera, ect... LOL!!

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR SHARING WITH US!!

Teri

LOL! I now have May 24th marked! I noticed a unusual number of hits on my cruise gallery today,now I know why. You must have viewed quite a few pages of threads before you came across this one. Thanks for the compliment Teri,it's appreciated.

You are truly gifted. It was a pleasure revisiting Alaska through your lens.

Thank you very much Goldie, I appreciate it and I am glad you enjoyed my photos.

LOL! I now have May 24th marked! I noticed a unusual number of hits on my cruise gallery today,now I know why. You must have viewed quite a few pages of threads before you came across this one. Thanks for the compliment Teri.

PERFECT!!! We will see you onboard the MS. Westerdam, May 24!!:D

Archived