My Oosterdam- Alaska photos

mnbruce

374266951_zT6kc-L.jpg

Was this a dog that was on the ship with guests, or from an excursion?

And I'm guessing that's a puppy life jacket?

LOVE IT!

Eva was on a excursion in Sitka. She was wearing Ruffwear.:)

How did you like your cruise?

We had a very nice time in spite of some lousy weather,but what do you expect when you visit a rain forest during rainy season.

Thanks everyone for the nice words and for viewing my photos.

We had a very nice time in spite of some lousy weather,but what do you expect when you visit a rain forest during rainy season.

May I please ask you what kind of camera you were using?

Thanks

We also met Eva in Sitka! I recognized her from the picture. The day we were in Sitka was also lousy! It rained so hard we hardly could get a decent picture even with a rain jacket on my husband's camera. We were on the Westerdam the week of Aug 24th.

diane

Bruce,

Even though you were using a Canon camera :), I won't hold that against you. I personally use a Nikon D300 :D. On our Veendam cruise to Alaska in May, I was still using my Nikon D80. It did the job but since moving up to the D300 I have seen an enormous improvement in my photos. The three lens I use at this time are the Nikon 18-200 VR, Nikon 70-200 VR and just recently obtained the Nikon 200-400 VR (wife does not know what I paid for the baby). That being said, very good use of DOF and the Rule of Thirds when applicable. I would have liked to have seen the EXIF data.

Great photos and thanks for posting. Keep up the good work. Hands_clap_2.gif

Excellent photos!!!! We love the Oosterdam, and it brought back so many memories! The shot of the ship sailing out in the distance with the mist and the blue, blue water is stunning! Great job! Looks like you all had a wonderful cruise! Making me homesick for the Ms. O! Thanx for sharing!

As alway your photography is spectacular. The sharing of your artistic abilities has given so many of us the imagination's of where we are going and so very fond memories of were we have been.

Our cruise on the MS Oosterdam last November makes our upcoming cruise in October even more inviting. The MS Oosterdam was an outstanding ship and professional crew; so we challenge our October MS Noordam cruise to convincince us once even more why we love cruising with Holland America.

Again, thank you for all of your contributions; that gives all of us addicted fellow passengers the equivalent of a ginger candy from the Yum Yum Man!

Thanks to everyone for the very kind words,it's really appreciated!

Bruce,

Even though you were using a Canon camera :), I won't hold that against you. I personally use a Nikon D300 :D. On our Veendam cruise to Alaska in May, I was still using my Nikon D80. It did the job but since moving up to the D300 I have seen an enormous improvement in my photos. The three lens I use at this time are the Nikon 18-200 VR, Nikon 70-200 VR and just recently obtained the Nikon 200-400 VR (wife does not know what I paid for the baby). That being said, very good use of DOF and the Rule of Thirds when applicable. I would have liked to have seen the EXIF data.

Thanks Terry,that's some sweet equipment you are shooting with. Canon announced the upcoming release of the 5D MK2,21mp with HD video,and ISO 50-26,000. I'll let other people use it to see if there are any bugs,then maybe the 30D becomes my second body.(We'll both be in the same situation with our wives).:) For the EXIF,just put the cursor over the image,then when the size option comes up there will be a info button below,just click it.

As alway your photography is spectacular. The sharing of your artistic abilities has given so many of us the imagination's of where we are going and so very fond memories of were we have been.

Those are very kind words. Thank you!

Wonderful pictures. We leave for Alaska tomorrow! You just reminded me to bring my waterproof cover for my camera! I hear we will see rain!

Have a great time! Yes you will see rain.

I don't even want to look at my pics anymore. Course I was using a disposable.:o However I did get a canon camcorder/camera for Xmas last year, used it on my last cruise and got lots of pics of feet and sideways shots etc.:o Maybe I should take that photo class on the ship this coming november??? In other words, your photos are fantastic.

I can't wait for you to take a cruise to the caribbean and new england and europe and.....and bring back some photos from them.

Archived