levels of veranda cabins?

NelleS

Hello, All:

I've never cruised Holland America, but am considering the Zaandam for a Hawaiian cruise in 2010. I've been quoted $3750 pp for a BB cabin.

I think that veranda cabins are A, AA, B, BB, & BC, but what's the difference? Size? Just location?

Also, any opinions on the Zaandam are welcome.

TIA,

Ellen

The only difference in the categories you listed is location. There are larger suites---the S-category. And then there's the penthouse.

The Zaandam is a very pretty ship, with a music theme. There's notes etched in the glass doors, and music woven in some of the wallcoverings. And there's musical instruments around the ship as part of the artwork. Try to find Bill Clinton's sax.

Thanks, Ruth, for your reply.

I don't know if we'll book this. We are currently booked on Celebrity's Millennium, but something is happening with either the ship or the schedule that has a LOT of folks concerned. I think we'll take a "wait and see" attitude.

We have heard some wonderful things about HA, and do want to cruise them soon.

Thanks again,

Ellen

Thanks, Ruth, for your reply.

I don't know if we'll book this. We are currently booked on Celebrity's Millennium, but something is happening with either the ship or the schedule that has a LOT of folks concerned. I think we'll take a "wait and see" attitude.

Thanks again,

Ellen

Nelle/Ellen --

Can you pls direct me to any threads or posts discussing Millennium's "something happening"? We have relatives traveling on Millennium in Oct 09 and I can't see (at a quick glance) any info on this. Would greatly appreciate your help...

And thanks

Carol

Nelle/Ellen --

Can you pls direct me to any threads or posts discussing Millennium's "something happening"? We have relatives traveling on Millennium in Oct 09 and I can't see (at a quick glance) any info on this. Would greatly appreciate your help...

And thanks

Carol

Carol:

The "something happening" is the 2010 Pacific sailing calendar for Millennium. I don't think 2009 is affected, but here's the link anyway:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=783556&page=49

The concerned posts on this VERY active thread start on page 49, which is, hopefully, what I linked you to.

HTH,

Ellen

Nelle/Ellen --

And thanks

Carol

Carol:

I got this link off the previously mentioned thread:

http://www.creative.rccl.com/Sales/celebrity/General_info/Flyers/New_ML_MR_sailing-BWI_CHS.pdf

I don't know how this will affect me, as DH & I have the Hawaii to Vancouver segment booked.

Hope it doesn't affect your relatives.

Ellen

Well, dang it, turns out the Australia/NZ Millennium sailings for Oct 2009 are cancelled! Press release goes out Monday, but CC had it already (yay!) so my relatives may be able to choose a spring date and still cruise.

Thanks for your help ... I hate rescheduling.....

Archived