Carnival Destiny - in dry dock in Freeport

airlinerob

I was on the NCL Sky last week, and I saw them working feverishly on the Carnival Destiny in dry dock... There were all types of cranes around the ship - so it looks like they were adding a lot of stuff to the ship.... I have a picture (from a distance) that I would be happy to share.

My dad is on the Destiny this week. I spoke to him yesterday while they were docked in Key West. This is his 7th cruise on Carnival and he has always raved about the ships...Not this time. He said it was the worst ship he had been on. They were 3.5 hrs late allowing boarding, his TV didn't work Sunday. One of his friends toilet was not working. He said it was dirty and if it had been in dry dock recently they couldn't tell it. :eek:

My dad is on the Destiny this week. I spoke to him yesterday while they were docked in Key West. This is his 7th cruise on Carnival and he has always raved about the ships...Not this time. He said it was the worst ship he had been on. They were 3.5 hrs late allowing boarding, his TV didn't work Sunday. One of his friends toilet was not working. He said it was dirty and if it had been in dry dock recently they couldn't tell it. :eek:

My family was on the Destiny even before dry dock this year, and loved it. Said it was a bit "older", but that nothing was wrong with it. So there's definitely some other, positive experiences out there. Maybe depends on the cabin.

I'm not sure what boarding issues have to do with the ship itself.

We were on Destiny a year ago and we thought it was in decent shape.

The cabins were clean and other areas looked good too.

The only malfunction we experienced was our hot water stopped working. They worked on it for about 2 hours and fixed it. Only a minor issue.

While we were onboard the carpet in the hallways was being replaced on several decks.

Also sailing the week of Thanksgiving.

Last year we were on the Inspiration shortly after its upgrade.

I know that Destiny is a bit older but have sailed other older ships as well and found them to be clean and a fine experience.

As long as the service is good and the seas are calm I will be happy!

Archived