Price drop on Carnival Spirit

Luckysll

Just off the phone with my PVP at Carnival. My Sept. 2/09 sailing on Spirit just had a price drop. I saved over $400 on my own (solo) balcony cabin due to a past guest promotion. I'm also taking my daughter, son-in-law and two grandchildren as well as a couple of friends, and the price on their cabins dropped as well. In total, I saved over $800!

I always book a year or more in advance and have never seen a price reduction -- :( .....maybe I always get the best price booking that early :confused:

I see you have been on the Spirit numerous times -- do you have any 'secrets' of special spots on board? We are first timers to this ship and to this itinerary.

Have you visited these same ports before in Mexico: PV, ACA, Zih/Ix and Manzanillo?

We know we want to try the Supper Club and have read such rave reviews I was thinking of booking it on 1 sea day going and 1 sea day returning - once I am on board and can find out when formal nights are -- so will book around those.

Speaking of formal nights -- is the food any better or the same at dinner on those nights?

Where did you all enjoy eating the most? We are not huge buffet fans and thought we might enjoy the quieter dining room for lunch ......

Any helpful advice is greatly appreciated!

Expect more price drops as people are not only not making new bookings but are cancelling.

It's the economy!

Be prepared to jump on deals relatively last minute.

I've been watching a couple cruises (not going to share the dates) and feel that the prices will improve.

However with these reductions expect less and get less so far as food, entertainment and etc.

I can't do this all myself. I have a fantastic travel agent.

My suggestion is to ALWAYS keep track of pricing trends YOURSELF. Never leave this for an agent. When you see a drop, immediately contact your booking agent and ask for an adjustment. Be especially agressive with this about a week before you final payment as there can be a lot of action with returned unsold space and cancelations. IF you really want a chance of low prices, and am flexable- then late book. It just paid off for me, booking last week for a mid Oct. Panama Canal.

Also, be aware that your agent's "final payment" may NOT be the cruiselines final payment date. So consider counting back your days, and pay at the last minute. This worked for me a few cruises ago and I snagged a nice discount.

Archived