Cruise credit question

ERJ145

Can someone explain how Royal calculates Crown and Anchor cruise credits for completed cruises? Are the C & A benefits based on 1 persons (ie, the husband) C&A number or does it go by both members of the household, both husband and wife? We are both in the C&A society each with our own numbers. We have just been promoted to Diamond. We have traveled together on all cruises since we joined. I seen on the Royal website that "completed cruise credits" are for members of the household. I had trouble with a C&A representative on the phone today. She said the benefits were based on 1 persons cruise credit total. I thought C&A benefits, gold, platinum.... were based on completed cruise credits based on the household. On the cruises we were given the proper benefits we knew we were entitled to at that time. I have six cruise credits and she has six cruise credits, for a total of 12 completed cruise credits for the household.

Terms & Conditions

Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. has the right to terminate the Crown & Anchor Society Program (“the Program”) or to change the Terms and Conditions of participation and benefits, in whole or in part; at any time without notice. Membership may be terminated at our sole discretion for anyone appearing to be utilizing the Program in a manner inconsistent with its terms, conditions, or intent To qualify as a Crown & Anchor Society member, you must have taken at least one eligible Royal Caribbean cruise. Program level accrual is based on the number of eligible cruise credits earned per individual. Guests are eligible for Gold membership in the Crown & Anchor Society after one cruise. After five cruise credits, they are eligible to become Platinum members. After ten or more cruise credits they are eligible to become Diamond members. And those who have taken twenty four or more cruise credits are eligible to become Diamond Plus members. Eligible cruises exclude all reduced cruise fare (e.g., employee/employee family rates, vendor rates, etc.) Group Charter/Incentives and other cruises as designated by Royal Caribbean at its sole discretion. All questions or disputes regarding the eligibility for the Program or provision of benefits will be resolved by Royal Caribbean at its sole discretion. Not all services can be provided on all Royal Caribbean ships. We shall not be liable for refunds or for damages resulting from failure to deliver such services. All Program discount coupons are subject to the Terms and Conditions stated herein on the discount coupons. Each Program member shall be responsible for advising the Crown & Anchor Society Desk of address changes, and we shall have no liability for misdirected mail, or any consequences thereof. Other terms and conditions apply. Offer void where prohibited by law.

Your C&A credits are based on your own personal credits. They don't add together all of the credits of the household for status.

If you and your wife sailed together on each cruise, then you would only be entitled to 6 cruise credits, not 12.

Can someone explain how Royal calculates Crown and Anchor cruise credits for completed cruises? Are the C & A benefits based on 1 persons (ie, the husband) C&A number or does it go by both members of the household, both husband and wife? We are both in the C&A society each with our own numbers. We have just been promoted to Diamond. We have traveled together on all cruises since we joined. I seen on the Royal website that "completed cruise credits" are for members of the household. I had trouble with a C&A representative on the phone today. She said the benefits were based on 1 persons cruise credit total. I thought C&A benefits, gold, platinum.... were based on completed cruise credits based on the household. On the cruises we were given the proper benefits we knew we were entitled to at that time. I have six cruise credits and she has six cruise credits, for a total of 12 completed cruise credits for the household.

C&A credits are individual so with 6 credits each, you should both be platinum not diamond:confused:

You will both be Platinum members with 6 cruise credits. It is based on individual cruises and the member of the household with the most cruises and gains a C&A level, grants that level to all other members of the household.

In my case, I have cruised 3 times with my hubby, once in a junior suite (gains an extra cruise credit). But I also cruised once alone with my daughter, so while my hubby had 4 cruise credits, I had 5 cruise credits.

Once I went Platinum, my hubby did as well. The next cruise we both took showed Platinum member on the bottom of both our Seapasses. So we both got a platinum coupon books and invitation to special luncheon - while my mom whose a gold member, cruising in our stateroom got a gold coupon book and no invitation. So I know they keep track of whose who.

I hope this makes sense.

Stephanie :cool:

Here is our cruise history: 7 night Monarch S. Caribbean.....12 night Brilliance Mediteranean....11 night Radiance Alaska....15 night Splendour South America. After the Monarch, while on the Brilliance we were given gold status. After the Brilliance cruise we were given Platinum status on the Alaska and South America cruises, now after the South America cruise, the website updated our status to diamond, but we have 6 cruise credits each. This is where I am confused, did Royal change the benefit status??

Were any of your cruises in junior suites or higher?

If they weren't then you should only be Platinum with 6 credits. It's still 5 completed credits to reach Platinum and 10 completed credits to reach Diamond.

Have any your cruises been in JS or above?

C&A cruise credits are applied as follows:

1 credit - any length cruise

1 additional credit - JS or above

1 additional credit - 12 night or longer cruise/cruise tour

3 maximum credits per cruise

7 night Monarch ... 1 cruise credit

12 night Brilliance....2 cruise credits...Gold benefit recieved

11 night Radiance...1 cruise credit... Platinum benefit recieved

15 night Splendour..2 cruise credits..Platinum benefit recieved

We were given full benefits on each cruise as they applied at that time. Now after the Splendour cruise we were awarded diamond status based on "Completed Cruise Credits" for a household as written on the Royal web page for past cruise history.

11 night Radiance...1 cruise credit... Platinum benefit recieved

15 night Splendour..2 cruise credits..Platinum benefit recieved

We were given full benefits on each cruise as they applied at that time. Now after the Splendour cruise we were awarded diamond status based on "Completed Cruise Credits" for a household as written on the Royal web page for past cruise history.

If you've been awarded Diamond status with the above history, I say count your lucky stars because you should be Platinum with 6 credits. They do not (and have never) added total cruise credits of everyone in the household to determine status. I wish they did because I'd be Diamond Plus. :cool:

In your case it appears they screwed up. If I were you I wouldn't bring it to their attention. ;)

How does it work when combining credits from partner lines (e.g. Celebrity and RC)? I am aware that once you have reached Platinum, you are bumped in the other line...but do combined #s count then for status?

For example:

1 cruisetour Celebrity

2 cruises RC

1 cruise RC suite

You only exchange status and benefits("perks") between Celebrity and Rccl...not cruise credits-we have been on 3 Celebritiy cruises and they do NOT count toward our 15 cruise credits with Rccl(13 cruises-one suite(2) and one 12 day(2)...wish they did-closer to diamond+(O:

How does it work when combining credits from partner lines (e.g. Celebrity and RC)? I am aware that once you have reached Platinum, you are bumped in the other line...but do combined #s count then for status?

For example:

1 cruisetour Celebrity

2 cruises RC

1 cruise RC suite

No, they dont combine credits between cruiselines. If you ask when you are at say diamond on RCL to transfer it over to Celebrity, then thats what they do, but you wouldnt be bumped up to the next level on Celebrity until you actually have that many cruises on Celebrity, you will stay the same status until your actual cruise credits catch up.

Probably didnt explain it clearly, but I tried.

11 night Radiance...1 cruise credit... Platinum benefit recieved (4 credits - should still be gold)

15 night Splendour..2 cruise credits..Platinum benefit recieved (6 credits - Platinum after this cruise)

Your next cruise you will be Platinum. Just take it and run.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived