Dancing With The Stars--New Season

kitty9

The next competition that we will do that will be televised is in April.. Growl, the one that Carrie Ann will be an honorary judge. I guess it is all about ratings now a day.

Sure hope she doesn't say there's no chemisty between you and DH.:D

Please post any info in case it's on somewhere or something that I can see so I can root for you.:)

Iheart.... LOL

Sometimes I think that is all Nick and I have is chemisty!! It happens to us often, the audience afterward seeks us out to tell us how much they loved to watch us dance, judges dont feel the same!! This "Carrie-Ann" chemisty thing only happens on TV.

But no the reason for my post... Wondered if you have been following Curts posts on the awards... I asked him to post the gown Samatha wore at the Oscars. Did you see it?? I loved the color, especially against her skin tones.

It seems this year the gowns are so puffy, and one shoulder designs... I really hope the designers on DWTS per her in these over the top gowns this year... Not a practical gown for a cruise or anything but I sure love to look at them.

But no the reason for my post... Wondered if you have been following Curts posts on the awards... I asked him to post the gown Samatha wore at the Oscars. Did you see it?? I loved the color, especially against her skin tones.

It seems this year the gowns are so puffy, and one shoulder designs... I really hope the designers on DWTS per her in these over the top gowns this year... Not a practical gown for a cruise or anything but I sure love to look at them.

I love looking at them also and I'm anxious to see what they come up with on DWTS. If I remember correctly, Cheryl's gowns were a bit more conservative and one inparticular was gorgeous...the blue/lavender one.

I have this "thing' for formal gowns. When I go into a store, there's a mysterious force that overtakes me and I end up in the gown department. I think I've only worn any of my formals twice but I've always gotten them for so little that I tell myself, even if I only wear it once....LOL

The past couple of years, for various reasons, we've been going on a more casual ;) lines so now I'm building up my cocktail dress inventory.:D

I have this "thing' for formal gowns. When I go into a store, there's a mysterious force that overtakes me and I end up in the gown department. I think I've only worn any of my formals twice but I've always gotten them for so little that I tell myself, even if I only wear it once....LOL

The past couple of years, for various reasons, we've been going on a more casual ;) lines so now I'm building up my cocktail dress inventory.:D

I still swear that we are related. I can hear the formal wear section calling me name anytime I am close to it!!:p

I'm the polar opposite of you folks. While I love to see lovely formal gowns and thought the Oscars gowns were especially lovely this year (except Jennifer Beal's), for some strange reason I don't care to wear formal gowns myself. When I was a teenager, I used to spend hours designing formal gowns and even won a contest with one of the designs. It's so weird that I don't enjoy wearing formal attire.

I'm the polar opposite of you folks. While I love to see lovely formal gowns and thought the Oscars gowns were especially lovely this year (except Jennifer Beal's), for some strange reason I don't care to wear formal gowns myself. When I was a teenager, I used to spend hours designing formal gowns and even won a contest with one of the designs. It's so weird that I don't enjoy wearing formal attire.

Maybe you got maxed out and there's something missing from my childhood. Or maybe since DH treats me royally, I feel I should dress like royalty.:D

Thats really impressive, that as a teen you designed gowns. Now, I do draw my own designs to give to the dressmaker for my comp gowns but for years I really studied all the gowns on the floor and decided of all the little details what I liked, what I did not. It really took me years to get a sense for it.

I absolutley love watching the oscars and other runway shows but really as a matter of just being practical I never pick over the top gowns for a cruise... I tend to stick with more of an a-line gown with a little flair at the bottom... We are going to dinner in these gown, maybe sitting in a theatre to watch a show, and I want to be pretty but comfortable... Really can you imangine wearing one of these gowns with huge trains on a cruise, dont think so!!

One cruise I did pick a gown with a train... What a nightmare. The pictures were fun, but I cant tell you how many times in the crowded public area I was stopped dead in my tracks from someone stepping on the train... Still I loved the gown, so the prior to the next time I went on a cruise I had my seamstress get rid of the train, and I was much happier.

One cruise I did pick a gown with a train... What a nightmare. The pictures were fun, but I cant tell you how many times in the crowded public area I was stopped dead in my tracks from someone stepping on the train... Still I loved the gown, so the prior to the next time I went on a cruise I had my seamstress get rid of the train, and I was much happier.

LOL Had one of those also. I found out before the cruise that I was stepping on it and stopping myself.:o So like you, headed off to the seamtress.:)

• 2 weeks later...
I still swear that we are related. I can hear the formal wear section calling me name anytime I am close to it!!:p

Yes, but the question is, how often do you buy? :D

If I try something on "just for fun" it usually ends up riding in the back seat home. I did try one on just for fun and it was 50% off but when it's $1200 to begin with....my next cruise next cruise isn't much over that 50% off and with $100 OBC, you could say it's cheaper than the gown.

Sigh...it was gorgeous.

Yes, but the question is, how often do you buy? :D

Well I've been good the last several months and haven't been doing much shopping (not even for shoes) but the last time I went into a store looking for a dress to wear for church I came out with an evening dress too!!:p

Well I've been good the last several months and haven't been doing much shopping (not even for shoes) but the last time I went into a store looking for a dress to wear for church I came out with an evening dress too!!:p

We're soooo bad! Don't get me started on SHOES.:D

Yes, I've been good as well but some of the sales are just too hard to pass up. How can one NOT buy a $150 dress for $16.08?:p

Well I think part of the problem with formal wear is that it is so seasonal... Holidays, prom night ect... So once the event is over the go on sale with deep discounts so there is always a bargin to be found. But if you cruise a lot, or go to a lot of formal functions like myself it makes sense to buy the bargins often.

Latest rumor I heard was that Hugh Heffners X girlfriend is being sought as a replacement... I would love to see her on the show.

Latest rumor I heard was that Hugh Heffners X girlfriend is being sought as a replacement... I would love to see her on the show.

I'm not really up on Mr. Heffner but wasn't the last girlfriend part of a threesome he had all at the same time.....what would that be, a menage a quatre? Which one would it be? ;) Oh wait, he could replace both of the injured with a girlfriend.:D

Even if one does not have lots of formal affairs, if you buy something when on sale, you have it when you need it. I remember one affair that came up out of the blue and I ran around in a panic trying to find something, ANYTHING!!! HA,HA,HA...all eyes were on Denzel Washington and Meg Ryan anyway.:D

Watching it on and off tonight... Nick and I after many years of ballroom dancing are coming close to hanging up our shoes... Great entertainment value of this show but the reality is this is hard hard work to make it look like it does.. Effortless, hardly, it only looks that way!

Sams gown... nothing special for me... Actually for the first show kind of blah, boring.

Archived