Dancing With The Stars--New Season

kitty9

Here's a new season of Dancing. The last thread was fun talking about the costumes, so I thought we could go it again.

They just did the intros of the new contestants. Who's going to be the first two to go?

The dress Cheryl is wearing, a blue number, makes her look plus size. Edyta is back again looking like a street walker. Kym Johnson looks like she got a set of new girls, and they are absolutely HUGE. She looks like a triple D.

Samantha Harris' dress is beautiful. I love the style and color.

BTW, does anyone know who this Cody Linley is? IMHO, I find him to be very cocky and rather a pain in the behind.

She's coloring her hair as the show is starting. We just KNEW you guys would've convened already and the Catty stuff would be flying!:D EBQ has already signed off on Samantha's dress with an 'A'. She noticed Kym and the girls as she came down the stairs too. And me-- I just keep my mouth shut and out of trouble this season. At least I'll try!:eek:

Cody is from Hannah Montana and I took him very tongue-in-cheek. I thought he was having a pretty good sense of humor about the whole thing. I don't think he was being cocky at all. I think he'll turn out to be a funny and pretty humble teenager before it's all over.

I just love, love, love Samantha's gown tonight! Wouldn't she be a hit on a cruise ship formal night!

Inna, the new dancer, has a very striking hot pink gown that could easily be adapted to cruise ship formal nights. She was lovely in that gown.

Anyone think the judges are acting like bears tonight and grading with very low numbers?

They have to grade low early on because they need room for improvement. So far, I think either the comedian Jeff or Warren (I think they graded Warren too high) and unfortunately, Cloris could be eliminated.

I was surprised by the low scores for Susan Lucci. I just bet her soap fans will keep her on for a long time.

OMG, those "girls" on Kym are in Pamela Anderson territory. They're wayyyyy too big for her frame.

Does anyone think there will be a backlash on Kim Kardashian? She's not known for anything other than her behind and being on a really bad show on E. Just another celebutante.

To me, Susan Lucci, who looked terrific (how I envy her!), was too hestitant in her dance. She would do a few steps, do a micro-second hesitation, dance a few more steps, then another micro-second pause to think or rest or wait for guidance. Her dance did not flow smoothly. She appeared to be having to think after every few steps.

But she was amazing in that beaded short red dress. And, yes, her soap opera fans will try to keep her on a long time.

As for Kym...what on earth was she thinking with that degree of augmentation that belongs more properly on a stripper, not an elegant or graceful ballroom dancer. I thought she looked perfect before.

Right now, after just one show, I think Lance Bass has a pretty good shot at a high finish or an outright win.

I think it is important to remember that Susan Lucci (even though she doesn't look it) is almost 62 years old and since she is not used to dancing it may be a bit uncomfortable for her. Maybe she will relax and improve with time...Kind of reminded me of Priscilla Presley, to be honest.

My DH was devastated by Kym's decision to augment--he thought she had a great body before but now it just looks wrong. Her dress looked like a baby doll nightie from the 70's and the "girls" were quite lopsided during the scoring segment. I just don't get the implant thing...

Really enjoyed watching Misty May-Trainor--I think she will be one to watch and Warren Sapp didn't do too bad even though his pants were WAY too tight.

Even though Samatha Harris looked lovely as usual, I just don't care for her - in fact she drives me nuts and I usually end up hitting the mute button. I think Jeffrey Ross will be the first one to go. Was pleasantly surprised at how well Warren Sapp and Misty Mae did.

Again this year, I loved the jewelry with Samantha's dress .. whoever puts the look together is great at accessories .. Lovely dress too.

I am guessing Jeffrey Ross is first out.. Cloris Leachman was not that good a dancer .. but I think the fan base will keep her around for awhile .. although I hope she isn't forced with the quick step tomorrow ... I also hope Ted McGinley loosens up some because I think he can be quite good ..but nerves were apparent in a lot of tonites dances.

(I agree Kym overdid the girls )

Even though Samatha Harris looked lovely as usual, I just don't care for her - in fact she drives me nuts and I usually end up hitting the mute button. I think Jeffrey Ross will be the first one to go. Was pleasantly surprised at how well Warren Sapp and Misty Mae did.

Hi Dona: I was hoping I would find you here. Anyway about the show, of course Samatha harris always looks gorgeous. She really has some beautiful dresses. As for the dancers, I know that Cloris will probably not last too long but bless her. She was the hit of the show, especially when she hike her leg up on the desk with Bruno and then her cleveage at Len. At least she is giving it the old college try.

Jeffrey Ross I think will go. Some of them were really stiff in their dancing. of course a lot of it is nerves; for example Susan Lucci, Kim Kardashian and others. I guess tonight we will see who leaves.

Marilyn

I noticed Kym when she walked down the stairs as well, but I'm not sure she really did enhance the girls after last season. She's always had a larger set, but I think it was the costume choice that really pushed them together. I could be wrong, though.

Loved Samantha's dress and jewelry, but something about her hair or makeup was off and made me not like the look. Or perhaps it is just the robotic way that she hosts. :)

Truth to tell, I wish Cloris Leachman would stay for much of the show, because I would like to see how the show "dresses" a woman of her age and build. Her wardrobe would be an inspiration to women in the 80s and her ability to carry off a dance and to even wear high heels were inspiring to this 65-year old. I also loved Leachman's partner and laughed when she said their combined age is 125 years!

Also, I actually felt her to be a smoother dancer than Susan Lucci, but I will hand it to Lucci--she really looks terrific.

I think for both Lucci and Leachman, the challenge will be recovery time. It just takes longer at their ages than the younger dancers and as the show goes on, endurance becomes an increasingly greater component of the competition.

Toni Braxton inspired me too, because I know she is very concerned about her heart condition. It must take great courage for her to try anything so strenuous. She, too, looked great.

It looked to me like Cheryl Burke had gained about 20 pounds over prior seasons...I mean she did not look fat...but she did not look as thin as she has in the past seasons...I think about 20 pounds plus is about right...:cool:

It looked to me like Cheryl Burke had gained about 20 pounds over prior seasons...I mean she did not look fat...but she did not look as thin as she has in the past seasons...I think about 20 pounds plus is about right...:cool:
I was thinking the same thing. I kept looking at her and was amazed. Thought she looked much better before.

Don't get me wrong, she is still a very attractive woman but has lost that dancers body so to speak...I had read somewhere that she had been doing a Dancing with the Stars show on a cruise ship or cruise line...could have been Royal Caribbean out of Bayonne, NJ...anyway...maybe all the time on the ship with all the food and drinks did not help...if what I read was true...I am sure she will lose it with all the work the show will require...:cool:

We couldn't help but notice Cheryl Burkes wider hips. She was still narrow from the side view, but from the front and back.... big difference from last seasons. We thought maybe it was just her costume, but if ya'll noticed it as well, maybe not.

I thought Brooke Burke did a wonderful job, as did Lance Bass.

My husband will be happy to watch the show as long as Brooke Burke is on! What a beauty and she seems to have a nice personality to match.

Happy to hear others are not fans of Samantha Harris. I just cannot stand the way she holds her cue cards and points with the rest of her fingers on that hand. For as ridiculously repetitive as her questions are, can't she just remember them without prompts? What they pay that woman to sound so stupid is beyond me. I think they only hired her because she looks good in evening gowns, and only sometimes!

Speaking of Cheryl .. when she came on last night .. hubby said .. whoa what is with all the material in her costume .. I laughed until I looked harder and said .. hmmmmm it appears they need more material to cover her this year .. He breathed a sigh of relief when Edyta was still allmost naked!!!

I agree with keeping Cloris so we can see how they costume her this season ... but keep her away from whoever costumed the new pro with Lance .. ICK

Brooke does look incredible and was one of the best ladies in dancing. I was totally surprised that after the preview discussed her "hyperextended" legs which are especially good for dancers, she came out wearing pants for her dance. That didn't make sense. Maybe tonight she'll wear a skirt of some sort. Still, it did show that lovely pants can be a choice for formal night on a cruise ship.

She is lovely, but when she hosted "Rockstar", she was as wooden as Samantha Harris. The celebrity rock musicans used to flirt with her a lot and cover her in flattery. (By the way, I do miss that show. It was way better than American Idol.)

Archived