Crown Mini-Suites

sunrise&set

Hi everyone,

I am planning our next cruise and we're looking to try Princess for the first time. I am looking at the mini-suites and wondering what the difference is between the different categories?? Is it just location? Also, we will be 3 in the cabin and I was wondering if anyone knew if the 3rd bed is the sofa bed or the pullman type on the wall? This will be for our DS and he would be too young for an upper. Thanks for your help!

The actual mini suites themselves are all pretty much identical. The covered/uncovered balcony location is about the only difference.

I am attaching a picture of a quad mini suite that a cc member has allowed me to use when others want to see what the arrangements look like for a 3rd and 4th passenger in a mini suite. It will assist you to visualize, even though it is a quad, and you will only need a triple it seems.

378463144_MiniSuitequad.jpg.1f7eaf6e69cc265a2c61859eabc591e3.jpg

we had a mini on the Crown. Booked a guarantee and were bumped up to a midship AA months before we sailed; perfect location near the midship elevator bank. I loved the open balcony for the most part but we had rain the last 2 days making it unusable without an umbrella! I know there are a few minis on another deck, but they are hard to get; the balconies are half covered. A third person in the room would utilize either the sofa bed or the pull down. The mini was a tad larger than a regular balcony on Carnival Valor; the balcony cabins on Princess were quite small in comparison. Hope that helps. We loved it so much we are booked on CB in a mini again this year.

I know there are a few minis on another deck, but they are hard to get; the balconies are half covered. A third person in the room would utilize either the sofa bed or the pull down.
I'm not aware of any mini-suites that have a half-covered balcony. The 12 "AD" mini-suites on Emerald deck are fully covered, not half-covered, and except for a couple of aft mini-suites, are the only ones that are covered. The difference in category is location, location, location. The mini-suites themselves are the same although some do not have a couch that opens into a sofa bed. Make sure when you book that the mini-suite is rated for 3 or 4 people.

Hi everyone,

I am planning our next cruise and we're looking to try Princess for the first time. I am looking at the mini-suites and wondering what the difference is between the different categories?? Is it just location? Also, we will be 3 in the cabin and I was wondering if anyone knew if the 3rd bed is the sofa bed or the pullman type on the wall? This will be for our DS and he would be too young for an upper. Thanks for your help!

We booked a mini on the CROWN for Oct 26, 2008. On the board several had sailled on this ship prior and provided the same information that Pam in CA did.

We chose the Emerald deck as the balconies are covered. I was concerned being close above Club Fusion but they said on prior trips it was fine.

This was posted from "sunnyv" on the October 26, 2008 roll call for me

Crown Balcony cabins

With the exception of the handicapped balcony cabins, the actual cabin is the same in any of the categories. The Crown Princess has an additional deck of cabins (Riveria) over the Star. I have sailed both ships.

The Caribe balcony's (cat BB & BA)are deeper than all other balcony cabins, with 1/2 the balcony covered and the outside 1/2 open.

The Baja, Aloha, and Riveria have completely covered balconys.

The cabins in the mid section and aft section on the Riveria deck are directly below pools and buffet. Some people say the noise from above (from moving chairs, loungers, etc) bothers them others it does not. The forward balcony cabins are beneath the Lido deck balcony's so noise is NOT a problem.

The wake-facing aft cabins (BB cat) on all decks are favorites, but some have the obstruction of beams. If this is what you are looking for, I can help with specific cabin numbers.

If price/cost isn't a factor I would have a BB cat cabin on the Caribe deck. If price is a factor, I would get a BD in the aft section of the Baja deck. If BC and BD are the same price I would opt for a BC in the middle section of the Baja deck.

We booked a mini suite on Dolphin last year on Crown, aft, and have now booked very last cabin aft, bigger balcony. We are taking our grandaughter this time and were told that sofa bed could be used but that there is also a pulldown over sofa bed. She plans to sleep on the sofa bed.

Archived