1st cruise - 14 days

n0w0rn3v3r

Hi All,

I am a long time lurker, and feel confident I am ready for my very first cruise thanks to all of the wonderful posts I have found here on CC.

14 days from now, I will be anxiously waiting for the time I can board the Zaandam for the 15 day Circle Hawaii cruise out of San Diego. We are arriving in San Diego early the day before we sail...I packed all that I thought I needed and then removed half of the stuff...I am not going to attempt to smuggle alcohol onboard...I have a stack of $1 bills ready for tipping the room service folks...we have completed the online immigration forms and printed out our boarding passes...I have a power strip, battery powered clock, some duct tape, highlighters, post it notes, and we have created a stunning collage to display on the outside of our cabin door.

Thanks to everyone....this is going to be a fabulous trip.

Congratulations on your first cruise. We did a 15 day Hawaii cruise on the Island Princess and loved the cruise as I'm sure you will on the Zaandam. We did our first longer than a week cruise on her so I'm sure you will be enjoy your cruise.

If you have never been to Hawaii before you might want to check out the Yahoo group site I set up for our cruise which has lots of links about things to do on each of the islands. Here is the link.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/islandprincess100604/

You do have to either have or sign up for a Yahoo ID (but not an email account unless you need another free one) but there is a lot of info on Hawaii on the site.

Enjoy your cruise.

Thanks Everyone....I can't wait. I am definitely going to post about the cruise. I have family who want to vicariously cruise through me so I have a website where I will post and put pictures....if it turns out ok, I'll share the link when I get back.

Hi All,

I am a long time lurker, and feel confident I am ready for my very first cruise thanks to all of the wonderful posts I have found here on CC.

14 days from now, I will be anxiously waiting for the time I can board the Zaandam for the 15 day Circle Hawaii cruise out of San Diego. We are arriving in San Diego early the day before we sail...I packed all that I thought I needed and then removed half of the stuff...I am not going to attempt to smuggle alcohol onboard...I have a stack of $1 bills ready for tipping the room service folks...we have completed the online immigration forms and printed out our boarding passes...I have a power strip, battery powered clock, some duct tape, highlighters, post it notes, and we have created a stunning collage to display on the outside of our cabin door.

Thanks to everyone....this is going to be a fabulous trip.

Have a great cruise on a great ship!!

Really - you don't have to take a stack of ones -- take larger bills and get ones at the front office.

Archived