Cabin 7006

jmdpsca

Has anyone stayed in this cabin, interesting that it is an oceanview room on the 7th deck and a larger stateroom?

Deck_07.jpg

The set up of 7006 and 7007 seems to be as optional second bedrooms for the adjoining Vista Suites (they share an adjoining door, after all). The Suites have a huge verandah, so I guess that they figured that another verandah would be overkill.

A big problem about booking the two rooms together, unfortunately, is that the adjoining door opens into the suite bedroom.

They are huge rooms though, not much smaller in square footage than a Penthouse. Another unusual feature is the "huge round window".

oceania-cruise-line-regatta.jpg

Deck 6 is the deck just above the blue stripe at the bow.

The Front round Window on decks 6 and 7 is in the dressing area of the Vista Suite. The second round window is in one of the rooms that we are discussing.

It does give a very nautical effect.

Hope this gave you some idea about the rooms.

Has anyone stayed in this cabin, interesting that it is an oceanview room on the 7th deck and a larger stateroom?

The larger C-1 staterooms on decks 6 and 7 were suppose to be balconies, however, due to the location, the balconies would not have been large enough so the space was added inside.

Shari

CCC Member

The set up of 7006 and 7007 seems to be as optional second bedrooms for the adjoining Vista Suites (they share an adjoining door, after all). .

I do not think deck 7 have the door to the suites it does not show it on the diagram as such.

Today 10:03 AM

Lyn-

Unless they've closed off the door since '07, they connect.

S&J

Lyn is correct. The C-1 staterooms on deck 7 do not connect with the Vista Suites. The C-1 staterooms on deck 6 do connect with the Vista Suites.

Shari

CCC Member

This is weird. We were in 7004 and there WAS a door. We were traveling with the people in 7006, so we used it all the time.

I just looked at the deck plans for all eight R ships. None of the ships showed a connecting door on deck 7. I believe two or three of the ships didn't show a connecting door on deck 6 also.

When did you sail in 7004? Maybe they modified the cabin after your cruise.

Dave

This is weird. We were in 7004 and there WAS a door. We were traveling with the people in 7006, so we used it all the time.

Maybe you were on deck 6 :D

Just out of curiosity I checked the Princess ships ....no connecting door on deck 7 but yes on the deck 6 cabins

Azamara has no connecting doors for either deck for the above mentioned cabins

We met people that stayed in those deck 7 cabins I will see if I can contact them.

OP > jmdpsca

I sailed on Nautica in cabin 7007 in '06, and again in '08 on Regatta, and there was no connecting door on either of those ships, so maybe S & J were referring to the staterooms on Insignia.

The size of the room is great, and the large window lets in quite a bit of light. The thrusters and/or anchor woke me up several times on Nautica, but on our last cruise in May, it never bothered me.

Archived