Question about FCC

O2Bcrusin

On a previous cruise my husband and I purchased 2 FCC's. When we booked our upcoming cruise we used those FCC's to book (one for him and one for me). Could we have just used one of those credits because the person sharing the room gets the same benefits? I thought I had read something about this but am not surel

On a previous cruise my husband and I purchased 2 FCC's. When we booked our upcoming cruise we used those FCC's to book (one for him and one for me). Could we have just used one of those credits because the person sharing the room gets the same benefits? I thought I had read something about this but am not surel

Yes, you could have used one and both received the same benefits. I didn't know this at the time and we also used both of ours to book the next cruise. In the future we will still buy two but only use one when we book.

We bought 2 FCC's on the Coral Princess last week, and asked the future cruise lady about this, and she did not know anything about it. Interesting, huh? Our TA didn't know this either. We had used 2 FCC's for our Alaska booking next summer, but may keep these 2 and use them separately.

Kathy

I called Princess today and they said that yes I could have used them for two separate bookings but 98% of the time people did not do this. She said the second person may have had to pay a little higher deposit but wasn't sure what that amount would be and that the second person would still get the same on board credit. She didn't seem to be sure of anything because she had only worked for Princess for 10 months but did check with someone else to be sure. It is not a big deal to me since I will be cruising again in November and will probably book a couple of more FCC's at that time but it would have been nice to know I had the option of using one or two.

Karin

we always book fcc and we keep trying to use just one fcc for future booking but TA keeps using both... we've just accepted and dealt with it -- plus we usually have a few FCC in our bank and we keep getting more.

Sure we could change TA but so far we don't want to because they have always gotten us the best price, and that difference has always been a lot more than the $100 fcc cost

As everyone has said, yes you could have used just one. But in reality you didn't lose anything unless you plan to book another Princess cruise before you go on the one you just booked.

If you had used one credit you would have had to pay the other $100 deposit for the second person - but you would have had the second FCC for another cruise. You can always buy another FCC on your next cruise.

I called Princess today and they said that yes I could have used them for two separate bookings but 98% of the time people did not do this. She said the second person may have had to pay a little higher deposit but wasn't sure what that amount would be and that the second person would still get the same on board credit. She didn't seem to be sure of anything because she had only worked for Princess for 10 months but did check with someone else to be sure. It is not a big deal to me since I will be cruising again in November and will probably book a couple of more FCC's at that time but it would have been nice to know I had the option of using one or two.

I just got off the phone with my TA who swears that an individual FCC is required for each person. At this point I don't know what to believe but I'll buy an individual FCC for each person to be on the safe side on our next cruise & also question the on board rep. If you find anything more please let us know.

I just booked our upcoming cruise and used only one FCC for me and my husband. The Princess rep told me I had 2 choices:

1. Use both FCC's (one for DH and one for me) and get the OBC for each of us

or

2. Use one FCC and pay $100 deposit and get the OBC for both of us.

so I used one FCC, paid $100 deposit for DH and we both got $100 OBC...

I called Princess to get the scoop & it's just as you posted. My TA is a little behind with her understanding of FCC. As you originally said the biggest thing is having to put up a little higher deposit for the second person in the cabin. It may be time to ask for another TA. :D

Try booking an actual sailing onboard and see if the Future Cruise Consultant will only accept a $100 deposit for the cabin.

They won't.

Our written instructions from PCL are one FCC per 1st and 2nd pax each.

So don't blame your ta.

Greetings All,

Good information, I've always applied one FCC per person for my DW

and self in one cabin, so we always get two more on our next Princess

Cruise. Going forward I'll just use one per cabin and pay the add'l $100

deposit, as long as we both get our OBC's.

Now a current problem. We recently booked our first Alaska cruise for

next Summer on the Star Princess. Our FCCs, 4 total, were ALL applied

to this single booking. I got my TA to call Princess and they reduced to

just two FCC's, both from my CC account ($200) with only one OBC of $50

applied to this booking under my CC Acct. As we are booked in a

Balcony Cabin, I expected a $50/pp OBC, $100 total, is this not correct ?

It appears to me that Princess posted our first FCC ($200) to just my

CC Acct. as one deposit, which is what they have now applied to this

new Alaska booking.

What's the best way to get this resolved, so we both receive our $50 OBC

for the Balcony Cabin ? Go back to my TA or go directly to Princess ?

Thanks.

If one books on-board the results of the two choices are the same:

1. 2 FCC -- Pay $200

2. 1 FCC + $100 (required deposit for 2nd person) -- Pay $200

Either way, each get OBC.

The first option is better in most cases because if one wants to cancel the booking for the 2 persons, then 1 FCC is credited to each person without the hassle of refund.

The situation is different if one books while one is not on the cruise.

I just pulled out the two FCCs I bought on our cruise earlier this year - and the footnote does say each is good for up to two passengers.

We've found the FCC people on board and the Princess customer service people (and some TAs) rarely know how it really works - kinda sad.

Try booking an actual sailing onboard and see if the Future Cruise Consultant will only accept a $100 deposit for the cabin.

They won't.

So don't blame your ta.

I think you may have misunderstood, I don't think anyone said that FCC would only accept a $100 deposit for the cabin. They will accept one FCC but the second person will have to pay their deposit and both would get OBC.

What it all boils down to is that it really doesn't matter because while you are on your cruise you can always buy more FCC's. I guess it would only matter if you didn't want to put that extra $100 into a FCC at the time you bought them and just pay it when you planned your cruise.

They won't.

So don't blame your ta.

I think you may have misunderstood, I don't think anyone said that FCC would only accept a $100 deposit for the cabin. They will accept one FCC but the second person will have to pay their deposit and both would get OBC.

What it all boils down to is that it really doesn't matter because while you are on your cruise you can always buy more FCC's. I guess it would only matter if you didn't want to put that extra $100 into a FCC at the time you bought them and just pay it when you planned your cruise.

They won't.

So don't blame your ta.

They won't.

So don't blame your ta.

Archived