question about booking?

doubletfan

I seem to remember people giving advice about how to book a cruise so that it was possible to get on board credits. I like having control, so can I book with a travel agent then switch it later? If so will that cancel any credits I get? I need advice from you frequent cruisers on how to get the most bang for my buck. Thanks

I seem to remember people giving advice about how to book a cruise so that it was possible to get on board credits. I like having control, so can I book with a travel agent then switch it later? If so will that cancel any credits I get? I need advice from you frequent cruisers on how to get the most bang for my buck. Thanks

You have to do it the other way. Book first on your own so you can have control for a while, but in order to get the OBC you'd have to switch to a TA that provides OBC at least several days prior to final payment being due. Once final payment is made you can no longer transfer the reservation.

If you book a cruise while on a cruise, you will get some sort of an OBC--depending on the length you book.

Some TA's will give you an OBC, as well, as an incentive to use them.

I've never transfered a booking--I always book directly through the cruiseline, so that I can contact them, make changes, ask questions....as need be. If you go through a TA, you won't be able to discuss your reservation or arrangement directly with RCI--you'll have to use the TA as a "go-between".

I always book while on the cruise to get the OBC. Now for the last 4 or 5 cruises, I have found a TA I really like, so before final payment, I xfer the Res to her to get the additional OBC. She has been great so far. So best of both worlds. I keep control of my reservation til the last minute, xfer it and get the additional OBC from her. There is always a little card in the cabin from her telling us about the OBC and she also sends me confirmation of the OBC with my invoice once I transfer it to her.

On Serenade next April, I used CC points to get almost $1000 off our cruise and so I xferred it early to her so she could attach us to a group. That way I am still getting the max OBC she is allowed to give. So she has worked hard to get us anything she can. She also sends me coupons whenever she gets a new batch. So far nothing we have used, but you never know!!

The key is in finding a good one - but now that I have, it has worked out great.

Archived