Waiting for a deal on Majesty

Marty11

Can anyone give me advice on a "Sell Off" cruise or how to book a last minute deal on cruise ship. We are in Miami mid Oct. 2008 and are looking to book on the 4-day Bahama cruise on Majesty of the Seas. The "Z" cabins are on for $139 pp US now, which I believe is great pricing. I'd like to hear from anyone who has taken a deal like this and what their advice is? Should we book ahead, or take a chance and wait till a few days before the cruise and go to Royal Caribbean? Also, any thoughts on the Inside cabin "Z" ???

Thanks!:confused:

I cant imagine the price going lower than $139. We did $209 last year on SOV and I thought I had the bargain of a lifetime. Never saw a price of $139. I wouldnt wait hoping it would go lower. If it did go lower, then they would refund your card, unless it was a new bookings only sale.

I would grab the price now. Just me

The cruise lines will shut off bookings around 72 hrs prior to the sailing to complete the manifests for Homeland Security. If you're asking if you could walk up and try to get a reduced fare the day of sailing-- that's not possible anymore.

The rate you see online for $139.00 is a GREAT deal. I would suggest you book it and should the price drop further (highly unlikely) you can get a refund of the difference at that time.

As for the Z GTY-- the cabins on the Majesty are VERY small. All of the insides are the same so it shouldn't matter where they put you. Word of warning. If you're at all claustrophobic avoid the insides and get an OV cabin. I'm not claustrophobic, but after sailing an inside cabin on the Monarch, I swear I'll never do that again.

If you're at all claustrophobic avoid the insides and get an OV cabin. I'm not claustrophobic, but after sailing an inside cabin on the Monarch, I swear I'll never do that again.

We did one inside for 3 day and a OV for the 4 day, and would never do another inside cabin, just too small. Im not a picky person, but the inside cabin was just too small for me to be comfortable. (also had stuff wrong with it, so it might just have been that particular inside cabin). We were fine with the obstructed OV. OP I agree its worth the upgrade to a OV.

I have cruised 2 times before, once on Liberty, once on Freedom in a D2 balcony cabin, so I know that rooms gonna be tight! We are keeping the price as low as possible because of friends that are coming along that have to count their "pennies" but I will price the difference on an ocean view cabin thanks. I thought they were almost the same sq. footage as the inside cabins.

The rate you see online for $139.00 is a GREAT deal. I would suggest you book it and should the price drop further (highly unlikely) you can get a refund of the difference at that time.

I agree. The lowest I've seen lately in $129. Majesty is a great deal lately.

I've seen NCL Sky at $99 for 4 nites in early October...

I have cruised 2 times before, once on Liberty, once on Freedom in a D2 balcony cabin, so I know that rooms gonna be tight! We are keeping the price as low as possible because of friends that are coming along that have to count their "pennies" but I will price the difference on an ocean view cabin thanks. I thought they were almost the same sq. footage as the inside cabins.

Yes the standard OV are the same size as the insides, but having the window makes a HUGE difference. You should look at the prices for a Cat. I -- they're partially obstructed but you still get a lot of light from the large window. They are the lowest priced OV cabins on the ship and are a great deal. If you're looking for something a bit larger the SO cabins on Deck 9 are also usually a good buy when they're having a sale.

I just book the Majesty OTS for a back to back cruise the week of October 10. You couldn’t pass up the deal... $209 and $159 for outside cabin.

I wanted to sail her one last time before she get transferred to Pullmantur or sold to a new owner.

She is a beautiful ship that is still a ship. Don’t pass up the deal.

Can anyone give me advice on a "Sell Off" cruise or how to book a last minute deal on cruise ship. We are in Miami mid Oct. 2008 and are looking to book on the 4-day Bahama cruise on Majesty of the Seas. The "Z" cabins are on for $139 pp US now, which I believe is great pricing. I'd like to hear from anyone who has taken a deal like this and what their advice is? Should we book ahead, or take a chance and wait till a few days before the cruise and go to Royal Caribbean? Also, any thoughts on the Inside cabin "Z" ???

Thanks!:confused:

I will agree with what everybody said before me. But I would like to add that 2 weeks ago for my Monarch cruise of Oct 10th, there were plenty of cabins available in every category except suites. All of a sudden they all disappeared except 'inside guarantee' only.

Dave

I've seen $129/pp, but that's only a little cheaper. Those inside and OV rooms are tiny tiny tiny, but for that price, not too bad at all. If you really want to go and this fits your schedule, I don't see the sense of waiting for the possibility of only a few dollars cheaper per day. Also, if you decide to go OV, I'd skip any cabin on deck 7 ... the windows open to the outside promenade and offer no privacy at all (except with the curtain drawn, of course).

I just book the Majesty OTS for a back to back cruise the week of October 10. You couldn’t pass up the deal... $209 and $159 for outside cabin.

I wanted to sail her one last time before she get transferred to Pullmantur or sold to a new owner.

She is a beautiful ship that is still a ship. Don’t pass up the deal.

Just off the Majesty.

It's the SOS that's leaving.

:(

Sovereign is leaving soon, but Majesty and Monarch won't be far behind.

Eventually all the Sovereign class ships will be moving to Pullmantur.

This is not good news. Do you have your info from a reliable source?

We love the Majesty and believe the Sovereign class ship is wonderful for a quick getaway from the real world. It's small enough to give you that I'm home atmosphere. Or maybe we feel that because we've been on her so many times over the years.

Where are Pullmantur ships located?

My friend works for RCCL in Miami. The Soveriegn ships are getting up there in years are have served RCCL well but will have lots of life to give Pullmantur (RCCL's subsidary based in Barcelona). Moving these ships to Pullmantur will breathe new life into their fleet and standardize it a bit.

Have no fear- the Sovereign ships will be replaced by the Vision Class ships on the shorter cruise itins.

My friend works for RCCL in Miami. The Soveriegn ships are getting up there in years are have served RCCL well but will have lots of life to give Pullmantur (RCCL's subsidary based in Barcelona). Moving these ships to Pullmantur will breathe new life into their fleet and standardize it a bit.

Have no fear- the Sovereign ships will be replaced by the Vision Class ships on the shorter cruise itins.

Yeah.... afraid it is even more than rumor:D Pullmantur is owned by RCI so there are "other" reasons also that makes the move make sense... for the company. Think the tentative plans were to move Monarch in 09 and Majesty in 10, the same year the MJ is getting a "little" face lift;) .... of all the RCCL ships the Vision Class is my least favorite.... so not looking forward to the change. The Majesty has made the company lots of "revenue"...... oh well.... change is part of life.

The cruise lines will shut off bookings around 72 hrs prior to the sailing to complete the manifests for Homeland Security. If you're asking if you could walk up and try to get a reduced fare the day of sailing-- that's not possible anymore.

As for the Z GTY-- the cabins on the Majesty are VERY small. All of the insides are the same so it shouldn't matter where they put you. Word of warning. If you're at all claustrophobic avoid the insides and get an OV cabin. I'm not claustrophobic, but after sailing an inside cabin on the Monarch, I swear I'll never do that again.

We met not one but 2 different people on our cruise last week who booked Enchantment the day before sailing - yes 24 hours. They got bargain prices of $149 for interior guarantees - single occupancy - 5 nights.

The woman who we hung out with for the cruise didn't have her diamond status on her seapass, no dining assignment (so we took her to dinner with us due to table vacancies) and didn't get her next cruise booking credit added to her account - all due to last minute booking.

But they will definitely sell cabins cheap at the last minute.

I'd be glad to take a Majesty interior cabin at a bargain price of $139. I've been in the equally tiny OV on Majesty and thought they were great and so well designed that size didn't matter. With no sea days normally on MOS - who needs much space in a cabin?

Of course I prefer a JS on Majesty (2 cruise credits) which we booked for next weekend for $399 each less than 2 weeks ago and it's now priced at $669 each. They wouldn't allow me to use our next cruise booking when I made the reservation since it was for new bookings only but who cares? I'll use the next cruise on a longer cruise for more OBC.

Gina

Archived