Bike question for Castaway Cay

tnspedteacher

Is it possible the bannana boats were already sold out? I know when we cruised they bannana boats sold out quickly and they couldn't accomodate everyone who wanted that "excursion." I'd keep checking back, and check back again once you get onboard, I understand that some slots for some things are held back until once people are on the ship.

Can't help you on the bike helmets, sorry!

Hmmm....we used the bikes on our last DCL cruise (won them at the Castaway Club party!!!), and we did not use helmets. It was just my friend and I, so no kids were riding with us.

I believe they had helmets---we just chose not to use them b/c it was really, really hot out.

(Please, no safety lectures....)

CeleBrat

Yes they have helmets.

we saw them being given to everyone under 16 by law.

we didnt wear them but all the kids had them on. a few adults too.

No extra charge for them.

Interesting, there seem to be no laws in The Bahamas against driving like a madman but they have bicycle helmet laws.

• 2 weeks later...
Interesting, there seem to be no laws in The Bahamas against driving like a madman but they have bicycle helmet laws.

That's the funniest thing I've read on here in a long time. Bahamians driving like madmen is a bit of an understatement don't you say? I don't know how to describe their driving. :eek:

Archived