Post CRUISE LINE Single Supplement/Solo Bargains HERE

cruisinryan

Some great news for solo cruisers on RCI....Effective Oct 3rd, 2013 all solo cruisers will receive double cruise points for each night sailed.

Could you tell me where you get this info. When I go to their site I don't find it.

Thanks

Could you tell me where you get this info. When I go to their site I don't find it.

Thanks

They haven't sent out any official notices yet or updated their website to reflect this but the official word will go out soon. The actual updating of the website may take longer.

Is there a website that tells you what cruises have what supplements?

For example, if I wished to cruise in February solo, how/where would I go to find out the percentage of supplement, or is that something that only a travel agent or RC can tell you.

Hi, we are not allowed to name any kind of travel agency/websites. It

is a against CC policy.

But in all my years of cruising solo, (10+)....the way I find out is by going

directly to the cruiseline. Of if you have a TA? They should be able to

give you the information as well.

If this is true, I bet it is only for solos that pay 200%.

No it's for all single supplement fares. Even if you pay a reduced single supplement fare you still receive the extra point per night. Plus if you book a suite you'd get a point per night for the suite. Basically it is balcony and below 2 points and suites 3 points when paying a single supplement.

No it's for all single supplement fares. Even if you pay a reduced single supplement fare you still receive the extra point per night. Plus if you book a suite you'd get a point per night for the suite. Basically it is balcony and below 2 points and suites 3 points when paying a single supplement.

Great news. Thanks.

Enchantment of the Seas 4 night Bahamas cruise departing 1/20/14 single insides start at $221. + $72. fees & taxes. There's a Crown & Anchor coupon too. ($35. off insides/$75. outsides & higher). I managed to get an outside accessible cabin for a total of $339. which comes to $85./day. I think there are outsides in lower categories that are even less. Too bad the 3-nighters before or after are more or I'd book b2b. But who knows, they could come down or wind up being a weekly special.

Edited by cruise pup

Some great news for solo cruisers on RCI....Effective Oct 3rd, 2013 all solo cruisers will receive double cruise points for each night sailed.

Just to clarify...it is 1 extra point per night not "double" in all circumstances ....so if you book a JS or higher you would get the double for the suite plus 1 extra per night (total of 3 per night).... regular cabins would be "double"; thje standard 1 point per night plus the 1 point extra...

Also if you book a single cabin (Quantum of the Seas) you will not get double points.

Was that confirmed by someone at Crown and anchor? I was told they would get double points. We probably wont know for sure until the first pax come back next November.

Since they do carry a single supplement, not sure why they would be exempt.

Was that confirmed by someone at Crown and anchor? I was told they would get double points. We probably wont know for sure until the first pax come back next November.

Since they do carry a single supplement, not sure why they would be exempt.

You will probably get many answers from C&A depending on who you talk with. Actually it makes since that they may not give double in a single cabin however every time I have looked they aren't much cheaper than a normal cabin and usually booked up.

But to be truthful there was only one particular sailing I was looking at.

Sent from my iPad

Edited by snowbird1

You will probably get many answers from C&A depending on who you talk with. Actually it makes since that they may not give double in a single cabin however every time I have looked they aren't much cheaper than a normal cabin and usually booked up.

Sent from my iPad

They were gone less than a week after booking opened and the rates jumped dramatically, after the first day. I had a hold on one and the price when I included balcony discount was great.

It was much cheaper than solo studios on epic/breakaway/getaway

With that said what would the high price have to do with them giving additional points? ??

Edited by Caribbean King1

I grabbed one of the Quantum single balconies the day bookings opened. With the D+ balcony discount, the price was less than an inside! I can't wait to see these cabins. I know they will be small, but the one I have booked has what appears to be an enormous balcony that extends out to the hump. Since it is aft of the hump, a huge part of the balcony will be sheltered from the wind, which is great in the winter. One of my friends is in this cabin on a short cruise in Nov, so I will have pictures and feedback before I sail.

If you want to sail the Quantum, my advice is to pay close attention to the schedule release dates and be prepared to pounce on a single balcony immediately. I was very lucky. The Quantum wasn't on my radar at all because I thought it would be just too expensive, but some of my friends said they were booking the 1/23/15 nine day cruise so I just jumped in and grabbed a cabin.

Honestly, I don't care about the points. I'm thrilled to get the extra points, but extra points is not ever going to affect what cruise I book.

Honestly, I don't care about the points. I'm thrilled to get the extra points, but extra points is not ever going to affect what cruise I book.

that's it in a nutshell....i book for the itineraries and the deals i find...the points are gravy...:D

that's it in a nutshell....i book for the itineraries and the deals i find...the points are gravy...:D

I agree I have done 36 cruises and I am just Emerald with RCCL and Select on Celebrity but I have cruised almost all the lines

based on itineraries and price. I have my favorite lines but am never adverse to trying the others.

Info on the points from the C&A member benefits page

One Cruise Point for each completed night of sailing and an extra Cruise Point per night when you purchase and sail in suite accommodations (categories RL, RS, PS, SL, TS, A1, A2, A3, CL, OS, FS, GS, JS) and/or sail in any category and pay a single pricing type for double occupancy staterooms. All other rates including Travel Agent rates, as well category SI and SB, are excluded from single price type extra point promotion. Cruisetours are included as an additional night per each day on the cruise tour. Points will be awarded by rate paid not rate berthed, for example, in the instance of an upgrade from an outside to a suite category.