Post CRUISE LINE Single Supplement/Solo Bargains HERE

cruisinryan

NCL Epic 2/14/16 ten day cruise out of Barcelona. It goes to Morocco and the Canary Islands.

SOLO RATE: BB balcony cabin for $995 including taxes and fees.

no, it is not...not really

non stop air from JFK runs at $1200rt (it might be had in advance for around $720, but not that close to departure)

no, it is not...not really

non stop air from JFK runs at $1200rt (it might be had in advance for around $720, but not that close to departure)

David, I get your point, but not all CC members are currently in America. Many in UK. That deal is very good.

None of these posts take flights costs or pre-hotels into account.

David, I get your point, but not all CC members are currently in America. Many in UK. That deal is very good.

I am in the UK, as are a lot of other people.

If I wanted to book that cruise I could get a reasonable flight to Barcelona.

If anyone can do last minute cruising, here is a good priced one for you from Tampa.

NCL Star Feb 14, 2016

EMBARK Tampa (Florida)

Roatan (Bay Islands)

Belize City (Belize)

Costa Maya (Mexico)

Cozumel (Mexico)

DISEMBARK Tampa (Florida)

Guarantee Inside $399 not including taxes and fees

Thank you for the reminder, tiger-91. I subscribe to this thread, and I'm in Israel.

As luck would have it, I was at a tennis tournament today and met someone from Jerusalem going on that exact Epic sailing. She even mentioned using frequent flyer points for the flight...

Regent Seven Seas Voyager 5/2/15-5/23/15. 21 days Dubai to Barcelona. Drastically reduced solo supplement. I paid $11,323 for the 21 days cruise including business class air, all excursions and everything is included. No tipping, and the wine and spirits are generously poured.

Norwegian Dawn

sailing from New Orleans

Western Caribbean itinerary

February 21-28, 2016

inside guarantee $399

oceanview guarantee $449

balcony guarantee $799

mini-suite guarantee $899

plus $120.58 government fees

Edited by logan25

There is no supplement, but there can be supply and demand price changes. It's not rare to see regular interior cabins, even with a supplement, be less expensive than a studio. Also, be sure to only look at the final cabin price...not the info on the initial summary pages.

Sent from my iPad

I agree that is indeed the case. On my last NCL Breakaway cruise, I booked last minute, and the pricing seemed really weird to me.

They had no single supplement. So the Studio was $699 and Guarantee Balcony was $599. I was thinking what in the world is this? Of course I took the guarantee Balcony. Luck was with me for this booking, because they upgraded me to a Family Mini Suite with Balcony. I didn't have to call for an upgrade, they just assigned it for me. I was seriously shocked, I just hoped for a cabin that was not in a noisy part of the ship, never dreamed of such an upgrade.

Princess Transatlantics for the upcoming season look like great deals, and if I wasn't already at sea, I'd have a hard time resisting these.

Emerald Princess 14 days from Ft. Lauderdale to Southampton leaving April 2nd.

Ft. Lauderdale, Florida | Azores Islands (Ponta Delgada), Portugal | Lisbon, Portugal | Bilbao, Spain | Paris/Normandy (Le Havre), France | London (Southampton), England

Inside: $714 + $95 tax + $181 tips = $990. IMO, hard to go wrong at 71 bucks a day all-in. AND it comes with $300 OBC from Princess!

Balcony: $1154 + $95 + $181 = $1430. $102 bucks a day. AND comes with $600 OBC!

AND

Regal Princess 14 days from Ft. Lauderdale to Copenhagen leaving April 17th.

Ft. Lauderdale, Florida | Azores Islands (Ponta Delgada), Portugal | Cherbourg, France | Brussels/Bruges (Zeebrugge), Belgium | Rotterdam, The Netherlands | Copenhagen, Denmark

Inside: $1044 + $110 + $181 = $1335. $300 OBC.

Balcony: $1484 + $110 + $181 = $1775. $600 OBC.

I agree that is indeed the case. On my last NCL Breakaway cruise, I booked last minute, and the pricing seemed really weird to me.

They had no single supplement. So the Studio was $699 and Guarantee Balcony was $599. I was thinking what in the world is this? Of course I took the guarantee Balcony. Luck was with me for this booking, because they upgraded me to a Family Mini Suite with Balcony. I didn't have to call for an upgrade, they just assigned it for me. I was seriously shocked, I just hoped for a cabin that was not in a noisy part of the ship, never dreamed of such an upgrade.

I've always assumed that, as a solo traveler, I would never get an upgrade - good on you!

I was looking at a TA on Epic in 2017 with some friends, the inside guarantee was less than the studio and the balcony wasn't a lot more than the studio. Crazy!

Those Transatlantics are a great deal. I already have a Caribbean booked for early April this year, or I would seriously consider it! Maybe in the fall, or next year. Did they hook you up with reasonable airfare?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are these advertised through the cruise line? And are they generally last minute type of deals?

I have friends I travel with, but I'm generally solo. Pretty tired of paying $50 less than the two of them. :( I'm booked on NCL Escape Feb 20-27 in a studio which is great for the pocket book, but there are some cruises I'd prefer to have the use of a balcony.

Thanks in advance for tips and suggestions!

Are these advertised through the cruise line? And are they generally last minute type of deals?

Just go to cruiseplum.com

At the top choose search, then 1 passenger, then a country. Scroll to the bottom and choose a column to sort by. I always choose total cost per day. Total cost includes port fees and gratuities. The more ports, the higher the total cruise cost. If it's under $200, I consider it.

You can go to the upper area and filter the search results to your heart's content, like "only balconies" or "only July 2017".

I have friends I travel with, but I'm generally solo. Pretty tired of paying $50 less than the two of them. :( I'm booked on NCL Escape Feb 20-27 in a studio which is great for the pocket book, but there are some cruises I'd prefer to have the use of a balcony.

Thanks in advance for tips and suggestions!

Keep in mind that studios have a single supplement vs regular insides.

Sometimes a single in an inside is cheaper. And roomier.

Also, when it gets close to sail date call the up sell phone number and see what they have to offer. You might get an excellent deal on a balcony even though you reserved a studio. Ncl up sell # is 8006254309.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk