Post CRUISE LINE Single Supplement/Solo Bargains HERE

cruisinryan

I met and spoke with JH. He said there is a huge announcement coming from Carnival which will impact solo cruisers. I won't say what that is (for fear of being sued or banned from Carnival - just kidding). I'm just not sure if I can say. Anyway, I jumped ship from Carnival for 2016, until I can afford the Vista when Matt is NOT on vacation.

That's great news about Carnival. ( I am booked on the Vista Med cruise and Transatlantic next October - with Matt as CD LOL. Paying double as a solo but the first few days prices were very reasonable )

I've been on 4 NCL ships since Dec 2014. Each time was solo travel. I've never had an issue receiving my incentives as a solo traveler. I'll be sailing Escape and Getaway later this year and received the Pick Two. I booked a studio cabin.

So like someone else mentioned, it appears to be more the room category.

Sounds good thanks to you and others who responded. The Terms and Conditions still shows the following: "Singles paying 200% of voyage fare qualify."

I interpreted that to mean if you weren't paying the supplement of 100%, you weren't getting the perks. Am I misunderstanding or are they not enforcing it?

I would hate to book and have them take away my Beloved UBP!! :)

Sounds good thanks to you and others who responded. The Terms and Conditions still shows the following: "Singles paying 200% of voyage fare qualify."

I interpreted that to mean if you weren't paying the supplement of 100%, you weren't getting the perks. Am I misunderstanding or are they not enforcing it?

It depends upon the room category and if the promotion includes that category. They are about to change their promotion: book a studio or inside, pick 1. Book ocean view or higher, pick 2 perks. Starts in 3 days.

I'd recommend in this case to call and make your booking. I don't want to steer you wrong. I know when you book, you'll get an email with your amenities spelled out. For example, I'm booked on Escape in Nov. I'm getting the Pick Two. That is on my sheet. I just spoke to a rep on Wednesday about the Gem. At that time, NCL is offering a singles rate and I still qualified for the UBP.

So, I don't want to say NCL isn't enforcing it. There seems to be some exceptions. For ships that offer solo cabins, one would not pay 200%. So I'm confident about my past experiences. Just don't want you to have a different experience. I think you're fine.

Like I was told before joining the military, ask lots of questions and get everything in writing. Besides those calls are recorded [emoji3] I've never had it come to needing that though. Happy cruising!!

It depends upon the room category and if the promotion includes that category. They are about to change their promotion: book a studio or inside, pick 1. Book ocean view or higher, pick 2 perks. Starts in 3 days.

This sale is currently running. It ends in 3 days. Not sure if it will be extended.

The same cruise on Feb 3rd is $1124 before tax for a balcony and 2 perks. My mouse-clicking finger is starting to get itchy.

with NCL booking 30+ days you need to add the perks tax as well as the regular taxes to get a price comparison with UK/EU which include those fees.

Different. The new promotion is called "Free at Sea" and it runs from January 4-April 10.

It did I think of you this morning when I saw the new promotion. Once you mentioned it, I looked everywhere on the site and didn't see anything about this. Until today. This is running for awhile. Do you know if they'll offer reduced deposits again? Pick Two for Escape/Getaway or Oceanview or higher?

It did I think of you this morning when I saw the new promotion. Once you mentioned it, I looked everywhere on the site and didn't see anything about this. Until today. This is running for awhile. Do you know if they'll offer reduced deposits again? Pick Two for Escape/Getaway or Oceanview or higher?

I don't, but I will let you know if I get anymore info.

I did too !

When I called Princess yesterday to confirm price and do the booking, the gal said that she had worked for Princess for 17 years and couldn't believe the price for a solo and thought it was a computer glitch.

And, I'm thinking, yeah, she just wants me to book it !

Which I did- super excited about being on my first Princess cruise, even if I have to wait till 2017

Happy Cruising everyone !

Which 2017 date did you book? I'm looking to celebrate special 2017 birthdays with some friends.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Which 2017 date did you book? I'm looking to celebrate special 2017 birthdays with some friends.

A bunch of us jumped on that deal, it was Ruby Princess January 7,2017

The price is back to normal now. The details are below.. Except we got $200 OBC

Ruby Princess 10 Days RT Los Angeles leaving Jan 7, 2017.

$798 + $125 tax + $115 tip = $1038 ($104 a day)

$100 OBC for inside.

Sounds good. We're in New York State and thinking of leaving from a New York port so as to not obsess over flight issues. For us, though, the dates and itinerary will be limited because of two of our four seasons.

A bunch of us jumped on that deal, it was Ruby Princess January 7,2017

The price is back to normal now. The details are below.. Except we got $200 OBC

And some of us got $300 OBC :)

Sent from my iPad

Trying to go somewhere end of February anyone know of any great solo bargains? Ill go any line, at least a week. I wish I knew this unspoken TA everyone speaks of! I'm a 30 year old single momma of one and want to enjoy yummy food beautiful sights and RELAX.

Jamie