Adventure Ocean age question

bennifer

The Adventure Ocean age groups are 3-5, 6-8, 9-11, 12-14 and 15-17. I really doubt they would allow a 12 year old in a group of 6-8 year olds. There are just too many developmental differences. Do you think your older son wants to be with 6 yr olds even if they would allow him into that group?

Thats gonna stink for me. Neither of them want to go without the other.

My kids weren't in the same age group either and didn't want to got without the other. We made them go the first day to meet the other kids in their age group and to see what it was all about. They had no problem going with their own group the rest of the week. FYI - I have never been on Disney but I have heard from people that have done both that (believe it or not) RCI's kids program is better than Disney's. Ask them to go in with an open mind and see how it plays out.

You'll need to ask on the ship. Perhaps they can be moved to the 9-11 group so they can both be together and neither too far off from their own age groups. I'd seek out the AO Manager as soon as possible once aboard for that discussion.

Best of luck....enjoy the cruise!!!

last time I was on the independence (without my kids) I asked a similar question, my kids are 7 and 9. I was told that the older one could dumb down by up to one year, on a strict one strike and you're out behaviour policy. My daughter turns 10 halfway through our upcoming holiday, so she would be too old even for that, so we are not letting the children know of the policy and putting them both in the right clubs for their ages.

hope this helps.

Archived