Upgrade Fairy

Sonyac

Contrary to what people may believe, the lower decks aren't so bad. We were in the middle on Plaza Deck, close to the Purser's Desk & La Patissirie and to be honest, we would request the same deck again. We didn't feel the rockiness that people on higher levels felt, we had nothing obstructing our view - it was a perfectly good level to be on. When we had to get on tenders it was only down 1 flight of stairs and after consuming so much food, walking up/down stairs was our daily exercise. Don't discount the lower decks ... they're cheaper & the ride is just as comfortable (if not better on rough sea days).

Cheers,

Passionate About Cruising;)

...in the middle on Plaza Deck, close to the Purser's Desk & La Patissirie...

I glad you recommend it, as that's where I am going to be, in one of the double rooms, unless a good upgrade comes through. It would have to be good though, to move me away from my perfect coffee position. When I originally booked (18 months in advance) I was offered the Dolphin Deck (3 floors up) with obstructed views, for the same price, but I knocked it back because I didn't want to be looking at the side of a life boat, and although I haven't been on a cruise yet, I assume people would be able to walk along the deck and past the cabin windows...eeewww...what's the point in having a window if i have the curtains closed all the time.

Cheers, SandyD.

....we are actually located next to the Shark Shack so that may not be a good thing if I am not feeling the best and want to sleep.....

Sonya...we're on the same cruise...start worrying about me playing knock and run on your door in the middle of the night..or more likely begging for help on that TRACKKING game you led me to.

Giddy Up.

When I originally booked (18 months in advance) I was offered the Dolphin Deck (3 floors up) with obstructed views, for the same price, but I knocked it back because I didn't want to be looking at the side of a life boat, and although I haven't been on a cruise yet, I assume people would be able to walk along the deck and past the cabin windows...eeewww...what's the point in having a window if i have the curtains closed all the time.

Cheers, SandyD.

Passengers cannot look into your cabin.

Passengers walk around on deck 7, and the lifeboats hang from under deck 9, obstructing the view through those deck 8 (dolphin) windows.

The only concern for privacy is when these boats are being lowered in a tendering port. There is the possibility of a crew member looking straight in as it is being lowered. Easy fixed by closing the curtains the night before these ports.

The lifeboat is not a great view, but most will allow a restricted view to the outside conditions in one direction. These cabins also allow natural light.

I am in one of the obstructed cabins on dolphin as I was upgraded from T grade, I am not really bothered.

I will try and get some photos as I think mine is the most obstructed as per the deck plans.

Karon

You must be so excited now...it's so close :)

lol (Karen)we would have loved a window or verandah, maybe next time :p I guess too being our first one its all a big learning curve and a way to find out what is good for us and not so good lol...But I will keep what you said in mind too so thank you for your input regarding windows :D

You will still have a great time. We had an inside cabin on our Pac Sun cruise. I just decided for our next one I wanted a window & loved the natural light & looking out at the ocean so didn't even think about it for the next one:) .

PASSIONATE ABOUT CRUISING (that's a long name;) ), we are also on Plaza deck midships next time. Right across from the laundry.

Sonya...we're on the same cruise...start worrying about me playing knock and run on your door in the middle of the night..or more likely begging for help on that TRACKKING game you led me to.

Giddy Up.

Watch it girly, it may be ME doing that to you!!!!!

As for Track King, 'tis a cinch really to play. Just train your horses up to a good standard for racing, enter them into a few races to see what you have to work with and hire a jockey to sit on them for the races, simple!

I'm so looking forward to this!!!! Have to book my waxing appt in for a few weeks' time, still hunting that damn dress at $100 price tag and get a few other items and I will be all set.

Karon

You must be so excited now...it's so close :)

Hi Rose.

You would not believe it.:D

It will be my first time cruising on the PD but I got a taster as I went on the "looksee" the day before her maiden voyage.Cannot wait to enjoy the real thing and do nothing, just sit back and relax.

Hi Rose.

You would not believe it.:D

It will be my first time cruising on the PD but I got a taster as I went on the "looksee" the day before her maiden voyage.Cannot wait to enjoy the real thing and do nothing, just sit back and relax.

Hi Karon

I hope you have a wonderful trip with lots of blue skies and smooth seas. Have a Midori Splice for me :D. I look forward to reading your review when you return.

PASSIONATE ABOUT CRUISING (that's a long name;) ), we are also on Plaza deck midships next time. Right across from the laundry.

Hey Karen,

I did try a shorter name, but all the ones I tried were taken. Call me PAC for short!

Our cabin was P161, Plaza midship & almost opposite the laundry which was so handy. Like I said before, I wouldn't hesitate booking a cabin on the same deck. We had a window so my daughter & I would often sit within the window frame, looking out to the ocean, enjoying the serenity ... there's nothing like it, especially at night watching the waves wash against the ship ... I can almost feel the slight rocking motion lulling me to sleep now. And aren't the beds comfortable on the Pacific Dawn?

Cheers,

PAC:o

Hey Karen,

I did try a shorter name, but all the ones I tried were taken. Call me PAC for short!

Our cabin was P161, Plaza midship & almost opposite the laundry which was so handy. Like I said before, I wouldn't hesitate booking a cabin on the same deck. We had a window so my daughter & I would often sit within the window frame, looking out to the ocean, enjoying the serenity ... there's nothing like it, especially at night watching the waves wash against the ship ... I can almost feel the slight rocking motion lulling me to sleep now. And aren't the beds comfortable on the Pacific Dawn?

Cheers,

PAC:o

Hi PAC (that's better;) )

You were about 6 cabins down from we're we are. Whilst we have said yes to an upgrade if it's available I really don't care if we get one. we booked this cabin because it was close to the laundry. I found the laundry so good on the Dawn that next time I intend to pack lighter & plan on washing (last time tried to do without washing.....bit hard with a family and DH did most of it anyway;) ). We were on Emerald last time & found it great but as I said, thought we'd go close to the laundry for convenience.

Hi PAC (that's better;) )

You were about 6 cabins down from we're we are. Whilst we have said yes to an upgrade if it's available I really don't care if we get one. we booked this cabin because it was close to the laundry. I found the laundry so good on the Dawn that next time I intend to pack lighter & plan on washing (last time tried to do without washing.....bit hard with a family and DH did most of it anyway;) ). We were on Emerald last time & found it great but as I said, thought we'd go close to the laundry for convenience.

Hey Karen,

I just noticed you're from Liverpool ... I'm from Bankstown ... just up the road from each other (he! he! he!)

Cheers,

PAC:D

Hi all,

It sounds so funny to read your posts and to hear that you actually WANT to be near the laundry. I know it makes sense & I didnt really even think about it before now, but Im cruising to get away from the housework! My last cruise was on Pacific Star & we had deck 5 which was absolutely the better choice on the rough days. you just had to walk a few meters on the higher decks to know that it does rock alot more than the lower. We kept that in mind when booking our next cruise on Dawn in Feb, but werent quick enough to get a lower deck as they were selling out. We have booked Caribe deck inside for us & our friends, but would love to have a lower deck outside. As we didnt think this would be an "upgrade", I specified, no upgrade. Does anyone know if this could be changed? We also specified that we wanted our cabins to be next to each other.

Hi PAC and Karmac we are on the PD this time next year and will have a room (insides) on the plaza deck too, P170 and P174. I was a little concerned that it may be noisy etc so I am glad it was good for you all. When I saw the patisserie that also seemed enouraging;) . We are a large family and needed two rooms together and P and O told us that we would not be upgraded because we wanted to stay next to each other.

[quote name='LOVE cruising!']Hi all,
It sounds so funny to read your posts and to hear that you actually WANT to be near the laundry. I know it makes sense & I didnt really even think about it before now, but Im cruising to get away from the housework! [/quote]

Believe me, I would prefer NOT to have to do laundry but as afamily for 17 nights it's going to be hard not to. We managed to get through our Pacific Sun 11 nighter without having to use it but when we went on PD for 14 nights we needed to but because the laundry was so good we ended up doing a load most days (well hubby did;) ) to keep on top of it so I didn't have so much when we got home.

Archived