Free upgrades

UKCruiser_2008

On our cruise, it appears that:

1. all of the 8a cabins have sold out because they are offering a "free upgrade" deal to 8c for anyone who now buys an 8a cabin.

2. the price for this cabin type has gone up since I booked a guarantee 8a cabin.

Am I right in thinking that we have - more than likely - been "placed" in an 8a cabin on their computer and they are now offeing the 8c cabin upgrade to any new customers who come along, becuse there are plenty of these cabins left?

I would be happy with the 8a, but was quietly keeping my fingers crossed that we would be moved up a deck so that we do not end up over the all-night disco. :o

Ken is correct. Your guarantee is a "wild card" that the cruise line can use to fill in wherever they want (8A or above) to optimize the sale of cabin inventory.

Even if you find a cabin assigned when you check your reservation, it may change before the sailing.

Charlie

If you booked trough a PVP with Carniaval call and tell them you would like to be considered for an upgrade if one comes available. They will do their best to put your name more at the top. If you booked and selected your cabin you will not be put in the hopper for an upgrade.

On our cruise, it appears that:

1. all of the 8a cabins have sold out because they are offering a "free upgrade" deal to 8c for anyone who now buys an 8a cabin.

2. the price for this cabin type has gone up since I booked a guarantee 8a cabin.

Am I right in thinking that we have - more than likely - been "placed" in an 8a cabin on their computer and they are now offeing the 8c cabin upgrade to any new customers who come along, becuse there are plenty of these cabins left?

I would be happy with the 8a, but was quietly keeping my fingers crossed that we would be moved up a deck so that we do not end up over the all-night disco. :o

If you booked trough a PVP with Carniaval call and tell them you would like to be considered for an upgrade if one comes available. They will do their best to put your name more at the top. If you booked and selected your cabin you will not be put in the hopper for an upgrade.

A PVP's influence on upgrades is exactly the same as yours. They are in a totally different dept. and are completely ignored by the dept. doing the upgrades. If a PVP tells you different, their next lie will be at least # 2 because you should know they told you #1.

Dan

Archived