Vegan Thrived on Golden Princess

CroneWynd

I did have to provide a little bit of education to the head waiter the first evening, but once I did, the whole rest of the week was INCREDIBLE! She would bring over the menus for the next evening, and we'd go over my choices. She'd make suggestions, alterations, even whole new items that weren't on the menu!

The waiters got into it, too... often running back to the kitchen to check on salad dressings, or the desserts (yes, the Champagne Sorbet, and the Vodka Sorbet, are vegan! so is the Dark Cherry Sorbet!! not all sorbets are vegan, though) for me.

My meals were fabulous, artistic, fresh, flavorful, bountiful, and totally without animal products! :p We dined in the dining room each evening, with a reservation, which allowed the kitchen staff the opportunity of knowing when to prepare our food!

I'm not a fan of the Princess "veggie burger", but in a pinch, you can eat it.

• 4 weeks later...

Now that's cool to hear! I'm only occasionally vegetarian, and certainly not vegan, but I try to make a point of supporting restaurants that make a concerted effort to serve the vegan/vegetarian community. Princess gets my kudos for making such a great effort on your trip.

Vegans eat everything that ISN'T animal products.

So, veggies, fruit, bread, pasta, nuts, etc. It is amazing, really, how good food can be with just a few adjustments to the recipe.

so is that the same as being a vegetarian or is there some differance?

just curious.:)

I'm not a fan of the Princess "veggie burger", but in a pinch, you can eat it.

You'd have to pinch me pretty darn hard to make me eat another one of those crumbling sawdust burgers. Now, if only they would serve tofu dogs . . .

LidoLiz

Archived