freedom dining room food

inkboy95

Just off Freedom 9-21 thru 9-28 this was our first time on freedom we have been on princess and carnival before and i can say without a doubt the dining room food was the worst i've ever had on a cruise ship no selection ,over cooked food , under cooked food, just plain bad food. I'm not really picky but one night i order something i thought would be safe (how could you mess up a salmon filet) but they did. I asked for it to be cooked medium to med well and was informed it only came well done , my mistake i shouldn't of ordered it but i wanted salmon that night.I can't remeber ever having a WORSE piece of fish it was like dry shoe leather.Now some of you are saying i'm to picky but it wasn't just me 2 other people at our table saided the same thing.My wife ordered a tiger shrimp dish when it came to the table everone at the table looked at her the shrimp smelled rotten sent it back and got something else.I can honstly say i thought the food in the windjammer was way better.I know they are cutting back but come on this was terrible. i would still do another cruise on rcl we loved the ship so much to do but the food was a real turn off. love to hear what other people have thought about the food on this ship:mad:

Thanks for the info. That worries me. We are booked next year. We have been on DCL three times and it was a tough choice to switch. DCL's food was always good. I hope things change by the time we go. Maybe it was an off day for the chef. The ship may be wonderful, but if you get food poisoning, you can't really enjoy it.

I too will be on FOS in April and hope that I have better luck. Thanks for sharing your opinion and your experience and i hope that you don't get doused with cyber gasoline chased through the forums with RCCL matches :p

Hm that's weird because we were on the freedom about two months ago and we are VERY picky eaters, yet we thought the food was great! The only dish i had that wasn't perfect was the sirloin steak, but it was no problem.

The head waiter overheard me saying something to one of our tablemates about the steak and he brought over a new plate, and it was GOOD! I also thought the selection was decent, never had a problem finding something to eat, and they changed the menu quite a bit from night to night. The desserts were our favorite part!;)

Food is so subjective. I've found that in the last couple of years, the selection and presentation has declined alot! Some folks are happy with "Applebee's" style food. They love it!

I'd prefer something a bit more "upscale".

You won't go hungry, but it won't be 4-5 star cuisine.

Freedom was my 1st cruise 2/07 and I thought the food was wonderful I gained 7 pounds. My favorite was the the cold soup it was delicious. Remember to try it, the flavor changed each night. :)

We were on Freedom on the 8/24/08 cruise. I agree that the selection was poor in the dining room, but if you could find something to order it was usually edible. Probably the worst I had was the herb chicken that was offered every night (couldn't find anything else I liked that night). It was rather tasteless. I miss the days when there was a beef selection every night (that you didn't have to pay extra for).

For those of you going on cruises in the future, don't fret about going hungry. The pizza at Sorrento's is great, and Windjammers has a great selection.

Archived