Luggage Valet ?'s

we will be on the oct 12th sailing fos and have heard about luggage valet. If anyone has used this service we would like to hear from you how it works and if it was worth the extra$. also do you have to leave the ship as early?thanks for any info. carol

We used it and would again in a heartbeat. Depending on what category you are you will pay $20 per person (however for suites it is a perk.) You have special luggage tags and you leave your luggage out as usual. You also have to be flying with certain airlines and your flight cannot be before noon (if I remember correctly.) You must be flying the same airline and flying within the continental USA.

You will not see your luggage again until you arrive at your final destination.

Was this in San Juan? When we used this service 2 years ago in Ft. Lauderdale, we had to pick up our luggage, just like everyone else, and take it to the area where the "valet" service was loading luggage into a large van.

We used it and would again in a heartbeat. Depending on what category you are you will pay $20 per person (however for suites it is a perk.) You have special luggage tags and you leave your luggage out as usual. You also have to be flying with certain airlines and your flight cannot be before noon (if I remember correctly.) You must be flying the same airline and flying within the continental USA.

Take advantage of it - it will be the best value for your money for the entire cruise. It's an incredible convenience and well worth the price! Lynnees is correct, your flight cannot leave before a certain time that varies from line to line but generally it's early afternoon.

Katink

We did this last weekend when disembarkment from LOS. It was wonderful. You just put the tags they give you (valet and bag tag) on the luggage and leave it out as usual. They will also print out your boarding pass and give that to you the last night also.

If your flight was before noon (or something like that) you had to meet early and get off. Since our flight was after that, we were allowed to disembark anytime we wanted after 8:15 am. We stayed in our room until about 8 and then hung out in the Cafe Promenade for a while (food and drink available). We left the ship about 9:45 and it took about 10 min to get through Customs and Immigration and get into a cab. Very nice! We did not have to wait in the HUGE bag check lines at Miami Int'l either. Very nice! I would highly recommend this service.

Was this in San Juan? When we used this service 2 years ago in Ft. Lauderdale, we had to pick up our luggage, just like everyone else, and take it to the area where the "valet" service was loading luggage into a large van.

We just got back for sailing out of San Juan on the Adventure of the Seas and did use valet service. Once you disembark the ship, you pick up your luggage and go through customs and then give it the the airline just outside of customs. You will see your luggage again when you arrive at home.

We use all of the time so we don't have to hassle with luggage going to the airport. Without luggage you don't have to stand in line to check your luggage or get a boarding pass. Since you already have your boarding pass, you go straight to security. Definately worth the $20 each person.

Mike

It's great, we did it in Puerto Rico, however we were in a Grand Suite and did have to pay the $20, but it's well worth it. We are also Diamonds, so not sure which cabins qualify for the $0 charge?

We used it when we returned on the Brilliance from Panama Canal cruise in Miami. You do have to get your bags through customs, but it was a breeze. Since we were flying out of Fort Lauderdale it was especially convenient. It was well worth the $20 pp charge and would use it again.

:):):)

For those that used it from San Juan, what airline were you traveling??

Also, will it delay you getting off if you have a early excursion (not booked with ship)

I am curious about this also. We have a San Juan tour booked via RCI the final morning.

In Puerto Rico we had to carry our luggage through customs but in Port Canaveral we didn't handle it at all. It seems to depends on the port.

We were on the Mariner in a GS last November and it was a perk of the suite at that time. It was actually a new perk at that time for being in the suite. We too are diamond but the concierge told us it was because we were in the suite.

I believe at least some of the airlines were AA, Continental, UA, I know USAir was not one of them.

In Miami, we did NOT have to carry our bags through Customs. We did not see them from Friday night until we arrived at our final destination Saturday evening. It was definitely worth the $20. We flew on American out of Miami. There were several other carriers listed - you will just have to check with guest relations.

FYI....If there are baggage fees for checked bags, they will be charged to your cc you used to back your seapass card.

We just got off the Freedom in Miami Sunday and after we put our bags out Sat night we didn't have to see them till we arrived in San Francisco Sunday evening... it was the best money spent. Our flight was at 2:25 and instead of having to go to the airport early, we were off the ship by 8 and took a cab to South Beach. A wonderful brunch and a long walk and we still had plenty of time to get to the airport without all the trouble bags are! Definitly a great service!

Participating Airlines are:

For Miami: American Continental Air Tran US Airways North West and Delta

For Fort Lauderdale: All of the above plus Jet Blue and United

You must depart after 11:30 for Miami and 2:30 for FL

Hope that helps!:)

Used the service on the Mariner of the Seas this August. We were in a Grand Suite, and it was a great perk!

They had one rule, that you had to leave the ship first. It was Okay with us, and we left with the first group at about 7:15am. Would definitely do it again, even if we had to pay if we were in a cabin.

Later

When we signed up I asked when we could get off...they said whenever, since I didn't have bags to collect. I imagine that's why they have colors...to monitor the flow, but if you don't need to see your bags, just go!:) I'm sure there won't be an issue, as we have switched luggage tag colors day of departure without a problem.

Another great thing about the valet service is that your boarding passes are printed and deliverec to your stateroom with your luggage tags the night before embarkation. All you have to do is get off the ship and go to the gate. NO CHECK IN!!!:D

For those that used it from San Juan, what airline were you traveling??

Also, will it delay you getting off if you have a early excursion (not booked with ship)

We used Delta in San Juan. You will be one of the first groups off the ship.

Mike

Sorry to inform you that it is NOT a suite perk. We were in the owner's suite on Freedom 9-21-08 and the $20pp applied.

Sorry to inform you that it is NOT a suite perk. We were in the owner's suite on Freedom 9-21-08 and the $20pp applied.

Yes, it was a suite perk. We were in a GS on the Mariner last November and when I went to pay I was told it was a PERK OF BEING IN THE GS. They may have removed it as a perk after but it definitely was a perk that we were able to use.

Perhaps you need to point out to the purser's desk where you were and they would not have charged you, I don't know, but it was a perk for us.

Archived