Docking in St. Thomas ???

joie1016

It all depends on how many ships are in port on a given day. HAL and Princess usually dock at Crown Bay, BUT if there are several ships from those companies there on the same day, then someone has to go to Havensight. Sometimes passengers do not know where they will dock for certain until that morning.

Royal, Carnival and NCL are always at Havensight.

On our cruise in December, the Emerald is at St. Thomas the same day as the Caribbean Princess so one will most likely go to Havensight. It is a pain as we will not know til the St. Thomas docking calendar comes out on vinow as to which port we will be at. And then, it could change at the last minute anyhow. It makes it harder to plan ahead, so we will not be pre-booking any tours for St. Thomas.

Royal Caribbean is not always at Havensight, we were on the Jewel of the Seas last December and docked at Crown Bay. But it was crazy in port that day with like 6 ships in town. Explorer of the Seas was also there and since she draws more water they docked at Havensight.

If you do end up at Crown Bay it is not the end of the world there is an endless stream of Taxi's that will take you down town or over to the Havensight area. Getting a taxi back is not hard either.

Havensight is better since there is more to do in walking distance, but the shore excursions will pick you up at either place. So either way you will enjoy St Thomas.

We've docked in both places, and yes, it depends how many Carnival Cruise Corporation-owned premium lines are already there at Crown Bay. So we've docked at both Crown Bay and Havensight on Princess ships. Why RC ship Jewel is painted on the docks at Crown Bay remains a mystery! LOL

I too prefer Havensight.

Anyway, I wouldn't worry about excursions. We daysail in STT and use the same taxi service each time. Last time she told us they get a report in the morning as to which ship is at which dock. So they'd know where to go to pick you up.

ENJOY! I know I will!

We are in St. Thomas on Nov. 3 on the Princess Carribean... Any idea which port? Thanks!

I usually look at the AirForce One website at "havefunwithus.com". Its not an official site but I trust that they have something they can rely on since they have to make sure they pick their fares up at the correct place and time. It shows the Carribean Princess on November 3rd docking at Crown Bay.

For the original posters question about the Eurodam on November 1st, it doesn't show anything for that date. However, it shows November 5th, 12th, 19th and 26th for the Eurodam and each of those dates are showing as Crown Bay. Hopefully they can get the confulsion cleared up. Its too bad that when we call our cruiselines, we don't always know if we are getting reliable information.

Archived