Favorite things to do in and around Cozumel

We had a great time renting a car and driving around the island. We stopped at Paradise Beach, enjoyed the water and some yummy food.. then headed on, stopping at several areas to enjoy the "wild side". We then headed back to town, stopping to shop at a few of the stores we enjoyed on our previous visit. We even stopped at their grocery store (which was pretty neat, actually). It was nice seeing a good chunk of the island and we didn't have any problems at all with driving or renting a car. Its definitely the way to go in Coz!

Wife and I did the Mayan Ruins Tour. Though not on the isle of Conzumel and it was a trip all in itself (boat to the mainland then a bus trip), basically 2hrs there and back, it was a cool excursion, if your into history. I'm very bad at names, but our driver and tour guide were great, very informative and funny. Came with a bag lunch on the trip back. I recommend it.

We had a great time renting a car and driving around the island. We stopped at Paradise Beach, enjoyed the water and some yummy food.. then headed on, stopping at several areas to enjoy the "wild side". We then headed back to town, stopping to shop at a few of the stores we enjoyed on our previous visit. We even stopped at their grocery store (which was pretty neat, actually). It was nice seeing a good chunk of the island and we didn't have any problems at all with driving or renting a car. Its definitely the way to go in Coz!

Rent a car, it's a blast driving around the island!

The internet cafe near the square downtown was down to $1 an hour. Made quite a bit of use of it (and their telephone at 40 cents a minute) when I was there on Conquest when Ike was striking.

There is a internet cafe down the street from the pier where RCL ships dock that is easier to walk to, they were $2 a hour.

I usually go there and spend an hour catching up with family on email and even jump on cruisecritic if my hour isnt up.

.... something to do if you have time after your excursion.

=Actually, I've heard the "RCI cooking excursion" is pretty cool if you are a foodie.

Have fun whatever you decide.

Two couples from our Freedom cruise's Meet and Mingle loved that one. I think they have photos on our site below. Its done at the Play Mia resort, which other than the cooking excursion, I didn't think too much of it.

Just ride the ferry over to Playa, $11 for 30 minutes, have a drink at Senor Frog's at the end of the dock, walk around the shopping area without buying a thing, and ride the ferry back to Cozumel.

EagleRay Divers Dunebuggy Excursion - GREAT (ask for Rodrigo - he makes the best guacamole I ever ate....and I grew up on the border!)

IMG_0467.jpg.47e76bc6dbbe854763cb737416e1a98c.jpg

Carlos n'Charlie's and Senor Frogs - great one time (more if you're under 30)!

Shopping - always great!

Snorkeling (by boat) - Awesome!!!!!!

Snorkeling from the shore - blah (nothing but sand)!

Punta Sur eco-preserve and lighthouse - must see!

IMG_1717.jpg.e9b8e3e9d387be637a6e345db1d9fcbe.jpg

San Gervasio Mayan ruins - very interesting, accessible, and cheap...not too touristy, once you get past the front gate!

Coconuts (on the "wild side" of the island) - a real adventure :D !!

Tequila Factory - blah!

Just ride the ferry over to Playa, $11 for 30 minutes, have a drink at Senor Frog's at the end of the dock, walk around the shopping area without buying a thing, and ride the ferry back to Cozumel.

Be careful with this one, it can be a bumpy ride. I had people getting sick all around me the one time I took the ferry.:eek:

We usually rent a car and drive to the other side (east) of the island. The beaches on this side are not crowded and are very peaceful. There are also restaurants/bars that you can visit. :)

I agree completely. The other side of the island is a different world. That's where we head every time!

Cozumel was not a favorite port until I discovered

Paradise Beach. Been there twice and can recommend

it! Great beach, lounges, umbrellas, great service,

changing rooms, clean,... all free but you are expected

to buy drinks and/or food.

I think it's an extra $10 pp to use the climbing

pyramid and some other 'sea toys' but still a

great value. Taxi fare last year was $12 for

four. www.paradise-beach.com

Barbara

Archived