Magic Questions- Please Help!

andreakul

Am holding a cat 4 cabin for my family of 5- two adults and three kids. Is this room actually comfortable with 5 people? Also, how long do the kid's clubs stay open at night? Which seating do you recommend for dinner with three youngsters- 5,6,8? Any comments appreciated.

Andreakul

We have stayed in a CAT 10 with 4 people and thought that it was great so I could expect a cat 4 would be just fine with 2 adults and 3 kids.

As far as dinner seating, I think that it would depend on what you are used to, we generally are late eather, so the late seating works great for us, but it seems that most family with young children like the early seating. The clubs are open until midnight, after 9:00 p.m. the kids have the choice to lay down on mats and watch a movie.

Have fun, we all loved the cruise.

Am holding a cat 4 cabin for my family of 5- two adults and three kids. Is this room actually comfortable with 5 people? Also, how long do the kid's clubs stay open at night? Which seating do you recommend for dinner with three youngsters- 5,6,8? Any comments appreciated.

Andrea - a category 4 cabin will be just fine. We have cruised in cabins 8042 and 8002. Both category 4. Both with ample room. You and DH will have "regular" beds. A sofa which converts into a rather comfortable bed will be closer to the balcony. Above it another bed will come down from the wall. It has a ladder to help a child climb in and restraints are in place to prevent any falling accidents. Then, even closer to the balcony is a Murphy bed which, when open, blocks otherwise easy entry to the balcony. Your family will have a blast.

Three children all in single digits? I'd recommend early seating...

Camp is opened until 10pm for free then there is a charge. Camp is not opened 24 hours and does close for meal times.. On the formal nights the kids will have their own formal dinner called a coketail party so adults can have their meal without children. I reccommend early seating. Late dinner could get over as late at 10:30 or as early as 10pm. THe youngest child will be in a group 2-5 which gets pagers. The older two will be together in the 6-8 group. The younger child will not be ablet o move up to be with their siblings but the older two could move down in the groups. (putting an 8 year old in with 2-5 doesnt seem like he will have a good time though)

An inside cabin is very dark--which is good for naptimes. (take a night light or leave the bathroom light on (which is very bright)

Our first cruise we did 5 to a cabin. My kids were older teens. (one thing you wont have to worry about is the shower and getting ready for dinner with your wee ones. We did the rollaway the first night and it was just too crowded. Asked for extra pillows and blankets and the kid got the floor. We also used an over the door shoe holder to keep the cabin somewhat organized. (If it get too cluttered- and it will its hard to stay somewhat sane) We got the 12 pocket holder and it held everything- kept it off the counter tops and vanity/desk in the cabin.

Kids under 12 get free soda in the dining room with meals so you dont have to buy soda cards for the kids. During the day the could drink whats available. I suggest that you print out the FAQ about free soda so if you encounter a problem you have a backup.

Serena: I think the info you're giving may be for Carnival, not for DCL: Actually, the lab/club DOES Not charge after 10, nor does it close during meals--if the children are there during meals time (which is fairly early in the club), they go as a group to the buffet restuarants. There are a large number of pagers available--we were given one on our last trip for our 12 year old. The kids are grouped 3-4; 5-7 in the Club; then 8-9 are in the Lab. dcltribute has links to navigators which show activities, etc. Soda is now free to everyone on a DCL trip, except at room service and bars, or for canned drinks. There is a drink station on Deck 9. A Cat 4 on DCL is an outside with veranda. The only complaint I've heard is that the murphy bed does block easy access to the veranda.

I can only answer a few o the questions for you.

We sailed in Sept this year on the Wonder shopa nd the kids LOVED it.

how long do the kid's clubs stay open at night?

It depends, some nights they close at midnight and the others are 1 am. I had to beg my kids to eat dinner with us some nights. They give you a pager and if they need you you will be paged.

Which seating do you recommend for dinner with three youngsters- 5,6,8? Any comments appreciated

I rec. the 6:00 seating just because the later one you are done eating sooo late and my kids wanted to go back and play in the club, LOL.

• 2 weeks later...

Cat. 4 is great for three young children and two adults. We just got off Nov. 6. We loved it. Our children are 6, 10, and 12.

Definitely go with early seating for the younger children.

Clubs are open from 9:00am to midnight or 1:00am. Sounds very late, but we picked up our 6 year old at 11:15 one evening after a special dinner at Palo's.

Archived