Bars on the Constellation?

Cour10ay

We're all set for our first Celebrity cruise in the Southern Caribbean and wonder which bars/lounges are the most lively? We don't drink martinis. We do smoke. On RCL we drink our T & Ts in the Schooner bar.

Also, seems Celebrity is a bit, well, sedate. We're not looking for wet tee-shirt contests or hairy legs parades, but we do like a bit of party atmosphere somewhere on our ship. Is there such a place on the Constellation?

Even if it is as quiet as it is sounding from what we've read, I am sure we will have a wonderful time. Everyone on these boards is kind and helpful so I'm sure our cruisemates will be the same. And besides, no way we could have a miserable time on any cruise! :)

Thanks,

Cour10ay

The Rendezvous, at times, features karaoke, a duo, or an a capella group. The observation lounge on top features activities as well. On my Connie cruise there was no buzz, but I'll blame that on that particular cruise at the time.

Since I've been on Connie Michael's Club has been turned into a piano bar. That can be a lively place but it depends on the piano player/performer and how in tune his audience is to him/her.

I think there's more life on the Century ships because they have one more lounge. There's more music, dancing, and more places to mingle and socialize on these ships vs. the newer/bigger ships due to their design differences.

When are you going? I believe that in Dec. the bar in the upper deck will be converted in The Bar At the End of The World. It will be partnered by Cirque du Soleil. And on one evening there is a masquerade ball. Exciting to be sure.

Cour10ay,

As with any venue or event, whatever mix of people are present will determine how "lively" things are. We've been on Celebrity sailings where the dance lounges and disco didn't shut down 'til the wee hours. Conversely, we've sailed at times when it was hard to find anything happening after midnight.

Whatever transpires, have a GREAT time!

CM

Try the outside bar aft for music & sunset cocktails & also Michaels & cova Reflections is in process of conversion now but not sure if it will eliminate the entire space for Cirque? Not sure where the club will ne now???

The Cirque du Soleil (CdS) Masquerade will be held from 11pm until 2AM. Given that and the fact that CdS is not afraid to include sexual themes in their shows (even the regular traveling shows) I can see this being a night to leave the children with a sitter.

Reflections is being total given over to CdS for the renovation, however my understanding is that it will remain the disco and CdS will try in effect to improve the experience through the decor, the addition a characters roaming the bar and the overall "feel" of the room. Anything to make the ship's disco seem less like a like a scene from a bad wedding is a bonus in my books.

Archived