Question for Steamboats

pacmom

Hope your time here in the US was good. We are going on a Christmas market cruise on 30Nov. Do you know if the various market glugwein is sold in bottles? Would really like to bring some home as gifts. Thanks for all your help in the past. Pat

Hi Pat,

Thanks we had a great time in the US.

And the answer to your question is: No, they don´t sell the different Gluehwein in bottles. That´s because it´s either a ready made product out of a bottle or it´s really red wine with spices, orange juice.

But there´s one company selling Gluehwein in the bottle and you will get it in every supermarket, check this website

It´s in German, but you can see the bottle on the entry page.

Easier to transport than a bottle might be the Gluehwein Spices. They come in teabags. So you only add the fluid part, meaning red wine and orange juice (and rum if you like). Check here

steamboats

Steamboats,

Thanks so much for the answer--the spice packet sounds like the easiest to bring home. Also plan to buy some of the mugs--mugs, spice pack and wine from home will make a nice gift.

Fred111,

We are on Vantage from nuremberg to Cologne. Uniworld decided to take a year off from this itinerary, so we're going with Vantage. Had to take this one because it was the only one we could find that stops in Bamberg. The city has creches set up in all the churches and other public buildings. We are going with college classmates, really looking forward to the trip. Pat

On my last trip to Germany, I bought back some of the spices- however, due to the fact the spices I purchased having dried orange peel, they were taken off me at quarrantine. Apparently, into Australia, while many foods, spices are allowed, any containing orange peel even though dried and oven baked are not allowed. It may be an idea to check your country's regulations.

Fred,

Thanks for the kind thoughts. My wishes for a happy Cristmas season to you also.

Nana,

We have never had a problem bringing food stuff into the US as long as it was vacuum or factory sealed. Pat

Archived