Who does Vantage use for their European air?

hello

We leave 30Nov for a Christmas market cruise. We fly nonstop Cincy-Frankfort, supposedly on Delta. When we looked up the flight, it is actually on AirFrance--code share with Delta. Our friends are on Lufthansa out of Denver. It looks like they try to use whatever alliance Delta belongs to. We are soooo glad to have the nonstop, especially since it is the Sunday of Thanksgiving weekend. Also the International lines don't charge for drinks, or they didn't the last time we were on one in June. Pat

Thank you FlyerTalker, I will try that.

Pacmom you are so lucky! You are so close to your departure date! Please let us know how everything goes! We're having a hard time deciding between GCT and Vantage. Our airfare would be $500 - 600 more per person on GCT, as we would want to do both extensions. Have a GREAT trip!!

We flew Delta non-stop from JFK, one of the advantages of living in NY!

If you're on Air France or Lufthansa relax....we've flown both of them and they're great. Delta was ok, but they used one of their smaller older planes so while you get 3 movies you have to really crane your head to see the screen. If you're making a connection in Frankfort make sure they give you 1 hour or more lay over. It's a really long walk from the international terminal to the domestic terminal.

Thank you FlyerTalker, I will try that.

Pacmom you are so lucky! You are so close to your departure date! Please let us know how everything goes! We're having a hard time deciding between GCT and Vantage. Our airfare would be $500 - 600 more per person on GCT, as we would want to do both extensions. Have a GREAT trip!!

We just came back from Vantage budapest to Amsterdam and it was great. No complaints at all. Air fare inclusion was one of the main reasons we chose Vantage plus they include virtually all of the tours that the others have as optionals. Before you decide be sure to check that out since optional tours can add a substantial amount to the cost of the trip.

We just finished a Vantage trip on the Eastern Danube in Sept. We arranged our own air as we were able to use FF miles. Our trip was on American--a newer plane so we had the tv screens in the seat back. Fortunately for us we were changed to a BA flight from London back to MIA and it was only half full, so we had a wonderful trip.

I would book my own air if possible as it's usually cheaper and you can choose your own times, etc. Also, it's better to go a day ahead or even more for your own sightseeing.

I would book my own air if possible as it's usually cheaper and you can choose your own times, etc. Also, it's better to go a day ahead or even more for your own sightseeing.

Normally I would agree, but I think it depends a great deal on where you're going and where you need to be when the tour starts since very few tour companies will provide you with airport pick up or return if you're not purchasing air from them. If I were going to London, Paris or Rome where I felt comfortable with the language and the transportation system, I wouldn't hesitate to book my own air and possibly, but not always, save money (FFMiles excluded of course) But for a place like Budapest or Cairo or Istanbul, I'll bite the bullet and let the tour company make arrangements, then if I'm delayed or it takes 90 minutes (Budapest) to get my luggage, I know someone will be waiting for me. Nevertheless, if you're making your own air arrangements, absolutely go one day or more ahead and many times your tour company will put you in the first hotel at the tour rate.

Having done transfers to/from cruises, hotels and airports in Budapest, Istanbul and Cairo - allow some commentary. In BUD and IST, taxi service was affordable and easy. A small bit of internet research found the companies authorized for airport service, and it was no problem using them between the airport and the hotel. And whether you are delayed or not, there are plenty of taxis, even for a 2am arrival into IST. For CAI, simple internet research found meet and greet services that cost little more than a taxi, yet provided assistance through immigration and customs. All were far less than cruiseline transfers from the airport to the hotel.

Now, once in IST and CAI, there's a bit of logistics to get to either the Danube or the Med -- for that portion, cruiseline transfers are a decent deal -and can be arranged for just that portion. But just between the airport and the hotel.....take your own taxi.

Hi, if you are flying overseas on Air France to Frankfort you are definitly not on a non stop flight. All Air France flights go to Paris charles de Gaule airport CDG and connect from there.

Good luck

Denis

Hi, if you are flying overseas on Air France to Frankfort you are definitly not on a non stop flight.

To Frankfort, it's just a short drive down the Interstate. To Frankfurt, a bit further.

DL does operate a non-stop CVG-FRA. It also carries an AF code. It is possible that the OP has an AF ticket on that flight, thus the mix-up.

DL also operates the non-stop CVG-CDG. Also carrying an AF code as well.

Thank you everyone -- we will need to do our own air, as both Vantage and GCT air from Honolulu is a JOKE! FFF miles will be doing it for us, too -- but we're thinking of using them to upgrade our seats, rather than pay for our tickets -- time will tell.

Archived