Generic Upgrade Questions...

NO, we haven't been upgraded, but I have some generic "what if" questions about upgrades in general

We booked our cruise before the fuel supplements came into play, so we're NOT being charged them. IF they were to upgrade us (FAT CHANCE), is it considered a change that would now incur the surcharge being added?

Not that I would, but IF they were to upgrade us, is turning it down an option? For example, if we booked a room because of it's location, or similar, and they try to upgrade us to somewhere else that we really weren't interested in, can we say "No, Thanks"?

If we were to take an upgrade that was worth 2 C&A credits if we had booked it, do we qualify for the 2 credits or still just the 1 credit because we paid for the 1 credit cabin?

If they upgrade you then no you aren't subject to the new fuel surcharge amounts.

If they did upgrade you to a JS or higher, then yes you would get the extra cruise credit.

You usually are not given an opportunity to say yes or no to an upgrade. Usually what happens is you notice your stateroom has changed - and by that time they have given your original stateroom to someone else. If you would not be happy with a particular upgrade, then you should have your reservation marked no upgrades. Examples: someone booked a D1 on the hump but was upgraded to a non-hump JS. They were unable to get their hump D1 back.

I can answer some, but not all of your questions..

NO, we haven't been upgraded, but I have some generic "what if" questions about upgrades in general

We booked our cruise before the fuel supplements came into play, so we're NOT being charged them. IF they were to upgrade us (FAT CHANCE), is it considered a change that would now incur the surcharge being added?

Not that I would, but IF they were to upgrade us, is turning it down an option? For example, if we booked a room because of it's location, or similar, and they try to upgrade us to somewhere else that we really weren't interested in, can we say "No, Thanks"?

Yes, you can turn down the upgrade. Hopefully, the cabin you originally booked will still be available.

If we were to take an upgrade that was worth 2 C&A credits if we had booked it, do we qualify for the 2 credits or still just the 1 credit because we paid for the 1 credit cabin?

Yes, you would get the 2 cruise credits for being in a suite

Actually, they can upgrade you and not tell you---and by then, the original room may be gone. You won't have to pay ANYTHING if THEY upgrade you, but if you really want the location you have, you can put a "do not upgrade" note on your reservation.

Actually, they can upgrade you and not tell you---and by then, the original room may be gone. You won't have to pay ANYTHING if THEY upgrade you, but if you really want the location you have, you can put a "do not upgrade" note on your reservation.

Upgrades scare me because I pick my room for the location and the closeness to others in our cruising group. I've never been upgraded and I really don't want to be!!:eek: I didn't know I can put that on my res. I guess I should...thanks!

We were upgraded to a GS on the 8/31 Mariner. I was not told. The only way I found out was I checked the website night before we left, and noticed the cabin assignment had changed. There was also a small outstanding balance added, which is the additional tip when you have a GS. (We prepaid gratuities.)

I did not have the option to turn down the upgrade. When we were upgraded, someone was upgraded to our JS.

Interesting thought though. Our last 3 cruises prior to this one have been in a GS. This cruise we had a JS. When they had to bump people up, they selected us to go to the GS. Connection?

We were upgraded from a D1 on the hump (which I had booked a whole year before) to a JS that was 3 cabins from the back of the ship, under the Windjammer. We were not asked about this move, and I honestly don't know if we would have taken it if we HAD been asked. Since it was a 14 night cruise we decided to not put up a fuss and demand our D1 back, but just enjoy the extra space. The space and the bathroom were wonderful, the noise from the WJ at 4 am was not!

I have a "do not upgrade" note on my next booking.

Archived